Vpinmame Didn't Find Pindmd

Pitter2013

I try the different new VPinMAME versions but all of them told me that there is no PinDMD. I have the first PinDMD Hardware that are working fine with the official VPinMAME without SAM support. Also the VPinMame 2.5 397 1.2 is working fine with the PinDMD and SAM support. Any Idea why the 2.6 Version can't find the PinDMD hardware?

Also some tables don't run with VP9.9 and the VPinMAME 2.5 SAM. The same Tables run fine with the official 2.6 and VP9.9.

I can't play atari's Time2000 with Vpinmame 2.09 unified, but older 2.5 without sam works fine.  I have PinDMD2.  I had this trouble a while back, and just used an older version.  Does any1 have a PinDMD2 and can run Time2000 without the message machine terminated.  Any ideas?

the VPinMame from toxie 2.06 with 1.215mb runs like a charm but have no newer Stern tables inside....

the version 2.05 that i used before have 1.448mb have listed newer Stern tables like 24 in but have problems with some tables like Medieval and other with VP9.91

At the moment I have the choice between Medieval playing with 9.91 or playing new Stern tables.

• Content Provider

my builds are same than toxie, and i just added SAM roms.

what is the problem with Medieval Madness? i'm sure your problem is an isolated one, or i would have other complaints, i even don't have any problem myself

did you click on install from setup.exe when you install a new dll?

The Problem with Medieval is following: When I use the 2.5 VPinMAME with newer Sterntable support I can only run with VP 9.21- And the table are stutter. When I use toxie 2.6 VPinMAME without SAM support I can only run Medieval with VP 9.91. The new VP 9.91 run a lot better and smother.

Maybe the problem to find the PinDMD is the USB HUB or the USB connection.

Yes I do a Setup and Test when I copy a new VPinMAME.dll.

Is there a debug mode available to figure out why the PinDMD not found with newest dll?

• Content Provider

i even can't debug myself before building the dll, my builds are 2.6 as well, i just can't really test pindmd1, i have a pindmd2.

i m not sure to understand, can you run pindmd1 or not, and with mine and toxie build? are you on xp or 7?

I have a PinDMD1 that runs fine with toxie VPinMAME. (No new Stern tables) with VP 9.21 and VP9.91 smoothly.

Also I can run the older VPinMAME 2.5 with new Stern tables support and PinDMD but some tables can not run with VP9.91 and with VP9.21 most tables have a lttle stutter.

Windows 7 x64.

PinDMD1 runs with 24 (Stern 2009) on your Version 2.5 Feb 19 2014 => VPinMAME_3497_SAM_PINDMD1_UNITY_1.2.rar

Don't run with newer like Version 2.6 Apr 29 2015  VPinMAME_SAM_UNITY_PINDMD1_UNIFIED_2.09.rar
---------------------------
Error
PinDMD not found
OK   

Runs with PinDMD1 but without Tables like 24(Stern 2009) Toxie => Version 2.6 (X X, 2015) - "We're not dead (yet)" Version 2.6 Apr 29 2015

looks like the main code is simmilar from Apr 29 2015...But Toxie version found PinDMD1 and your version not.

PinDMD1 will not work with yor new VPinMAME on all tables!

Error Message pop up with:

Error
PinDMD not found
OK   

PinDMD1 works fine with all included Tables in VPinMAME VPinMAME_3497_SAM_PINDMD1_UNITY_1.2.rar and Version 2.6 (X X, 2015) - "We're not dead (yet)" Version 2.6 Apr 29 2015 from Toxie (But have no newer Stern tables in)

• Content Provider

Thanks for the compile, and thanks for including some of the soundtrack remixes:

link and instructions for twd here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09

(requires Pinball Browser to patch - all the links to sound files and patchers in the above link)

The resulting CRC is not the same as the CRC defined in the source for the Unity compile, but there was an earlier version of the sound replacement set of files so maybe that's the explanation. AFAIK what is in the link is the latest (includes a few hundred sound clips of the actor's voices taken from the TV show). The modders are currently doing work to update for the latest version of twd. 

Link for Tron remixes here:

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/tron-pro-le-remix-rom.14847/

The Unity compile currently has the wrong CRC for the LE remix. Right now it is the same CRC as the Pro remix. Should be DBCE28F1. It is easy enough to instruct VPinMAME to ignore CRC errors, though.

Archived