Why Are There Not More Tables Converted To Phys Mod 5?

Hello folks. I was just wondering why there are so few phys mod 5 converted tables if they work that much better then V9x? Is it because it takes a long time to script them? What is the main difference between P5 and 9x as far as scripting? I'm not much of a VB person. I only know what I have had to learn to get certain tables working from forums. Is VP10 going to be based on Phys mod 5? How long will it take for all these wonderful tables to be converted over to VP10 or is there an easy way for the average joe like myself to make them work in VP10? Thanks to all for your hard work. 

• Content Provider

You can get a VP9 table to play in Phys Mod 5 in a couple of mins.  To do it right and to get it to play the way it should it could take hours + to convert.  It all depends on the table.  Mostly you have to adjust the flippers and some of the kickers to get them to work correctly.  After that you'll have to play with the PF frictions and settings then you have to adjust each colidable wall to adjust the amount of bounce and spin it will produce.  Some tables even require ramps and walls to be moved to get the ball to move smooth again.

It's because of all this time and VP10 coming that I think you don't see much happening there anymore. 

• 7 months later...

You can get a VP9 table to play in Phys Mod 5 in a couple of mins.  To do it right and to get it to play the way it should it could take hours + to convert.  It all depends on the table.  Mostly you have to adjust the flippers and some of the kickers to get them to work correctly.  After that you'll have to play with the PF frictions and settings then you have to adjust each colidable wall to adjust the amount of bounce and spin it will produce.  Some tables even require ramps and walls to be moved to get the ball to move smooth again.

No doubt about that. I figured I would try and get some of my favorite VP9 tables converted to PM5 that haven't been done yet. A few tables seem to go ok but many are problematic. The flipper and plunger modifications are fairly straightforward but then like you alluded to ramps quit working, balls get stuck, and sometimes the table just doesn't feel "right" after adjusting settings for a couple of hours.

It's definitely give me an even greater appreciation for how much work is involved in recreating these tables. And I am only trying to do modifications not full-blown recreation. 

Archived