My Finished Virtual Pinball Cabinet "escucos Little Joe" With 40/27/dmd Setup, Real Analog Nudging And Plunger, Force Feedback

escuco

May I introduce my Visual Pinball Cab "escucos Little Joe", built from a 42 years old original Bally "Little Joe" Pinball, which was scrapped by his previous user? It took me about 6 months to finish this project.

Some details:

• Samsung 40 inch LED TV as playfield
  • 28 inch LED monitor as backglass
  • orange LED Dotmatrix-Display DMD 128x32 pixel
  • PC hardware Intel Core i5-4670 on Asus mainboard H87-Pro with 8 GB RAM and 128 GB SSD hard disc, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 graphic board
  • Logitech Z4 soundsystem with Subwoofer
  • LedWiz controller board for force feedback
  • 8 contactors for the simulation of the bumper, slingshots and flipper finger right/left
  • Original Williams Replay knocker
  • Shaker Motor per Dual-H-Bridge PWM Driver at the Ledwiz
  • 4 meter HighPower LED stripes with bright white LEDs as strobe on the under- and backside of the pinball cabinet
  • 5 RGB Flasher LEDs above the playfield
  • 4 Arctic-Cooling PC fans (two on the bottoms of the cab for the incoming air, two up on the backbox for the outgoing air)
  • PinAna1 control board for connecting a analog plunger, with acceleration sensor for analog nudging and tilt function
  • iPac control board for connecting the pinball buttons, magnasave buttons, Coin-, Start, Extra Ball and Exit buttons
  • Illuminated buttons and coin slots
  • 3 separate power supplies (computer power supply, 12 volt, 24 volt)
  • about 80 meter cable
  • current about 40 installed pinball tables, rising from week to week ;)

You'll find more informations about the building process with many pictures and a detailed cost report for the material I used on my project blog: http://www.klomp.de/index.php/virtueller-flipper-vpin-selber-bauen/homemade-virtual-pinball-cabinet-vpin

Here's a video from the cab in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgAAYnFD-dk

Many thanks to all the developers and table publishers, who are making this kind of cabinet builds possible for us!

escucos-little-joe-gross.jpg

wow that is some serious high resolution cab picture. Super amazing job.

Many thanks! My friend took 2 pictures with his professional equipment - here's the same pic from the cab in his natural environment (living room) with background ;)

little-joe-living-room.jpg

Archived