Flipper Stutter

TdB

Did you ever try using the supplied ps2 to usb cable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what you mean the *new* Ipac came with a new cable ps2 - usb cable and resulted in the same stutter just like the previous one.  

Sorry, i forgot that it was a "new" ipac. Its been so long, and i didn't read back thru the thread.

Seems the "new" ipac has issues among many platforms.

Anyhoo, i would cut your losses and try this: Its only 10 bucks, and works well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZD-NO-DELAY-PC-KEYBOARD-ENOCDER-TO-JOYSTICK-FOR-ARCADE-MAME-HAPP-PARTS-WITH-WIRE-/261485244339?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3ce1bc2fb3

Sorry, i forgot that it was a "new" ipac. Its been so long, and i didn't read back thru the thread.

Seems the "new" ipac has issues among many platforms.

Anyhoo, i would cut your losses and try this: Its only 10 bucks, and works well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZD-NO-DELAY-PC-KEYBOARD-ENOCDER-TO-JOYSTICK-FOR-ARCADE-MAME-HAPP-PARTS-WITH-WIRE-/261485244339?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3ce1bc2fb3

Yes, I have had the stutter issue on my original and new ipac.

An interesting suggestion to buy that cheap Chinese clone. I might give that a try. Thanks!

Before doing that I contacted ultimarc : I have paid a premium price for their product so if it is the ipac that causes the failure I hope they might be able to assist. Just noticed they also have a forum, might post my issue there as well.

Wierd?? Have you tried to short the wires to your button? it might be the button that dont work propetly? If you have tried with 2 i-pac with the same problem i don,t think the i-pac is the problem. try to double earth your motherboard with a wire from your power supply chassie.?? Good luck :)

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

Wierd?? Have you tried to short the wires to your button?

Yes, already tried that. A completely new wire to a new button. So it is not the button either.

try to double earth your motherboard with a wire from your power supply chassie.??

Haven't tried that yet, is there a good method to measure how good the grounding of my cab works?

If you have tried with 2 i-pac with the same problem i don,t think the i-pac is the problem.

Maybe not directly but the ipac might be more sensitive for issues than the Chinese clone. Maybe it doesn't use the same technology. If I connect a keyboard and press the buttons on the keyboard there is no problem at all - might be the same with the clone. I will only find out if I try.. will cost me another 10 Euro's though..

Ok.. wierd problem? have you tried your ipac on another computer?

No - and I don't have another desktop with similar specifications to test on.  Not sure if that would help though, after testing I am pretty sure the ipac is technically fine - but maybe too sensitive for leakage current/grounding issues. 

• 9 months later...

I know it's an old thread, but did you get to the bottom of the problem?

Otherwise a have suggestion.

By looking at your pic it looks like you have a rats nest in your cab ;) So i think you have to separate all wires good.

Route all mains cables on one side of the cab, usb cables and other signal cables on other side, then perhaps toy power+wires (if you have that) in the middle or closer to the mains.

Make sure all stuff are grounded at the same point.And run all from a grounded mains outlet.

From the video it looks like signalling errors. ie signal cables to close to powerwires.

Archived