B2S Table Specific Settings

Dazz

• Administrators

I don't recall who made it, but I have a mod of FPlaunch that allows for B2S tables to have their own screenres file.  Unfortunately, this does not work with the new .directb2s files as it's looking for the .exe.  Anyone able to help fix this so it works with the newer b2s files?

Why it is not working for your?

I'm quite sure it worked - if you mean the feature to have a table specific screenres.txt file.

It just replaces that file before launching, or do you have another feature?

I need table specific screenres.txt only to move the DMD area for tables such as Taxi from the 3rd screen to the 2nd, as I have a 'real' DMD and that looks very ugly for the DMD.

BTW, it is not needed anymore, Herweh added a feature to the backglass setting. Just click on the backglass, press S and use the "hide grill" checkbox.

I'm using that for ACDC, Genesis, Taxi and similar tables.

• Administrators

I think we are talking two different things here... I don't know if this was built into FPLaunch WIP9 or not, but right now I create a new folder in my tables folder with the same name as the table.  I place the Screenres.txt for that table into that folder.  When that table is launched via HyperPin, it is told to use that folder with the Screenres.txt in it for that specific table.  The only way to get this to work right is to add _B2S to the end of the table name so it gets passed correctly.  When you add _B2S to a table, FPLaunch thinks that you are wanting to run a .exe B2S version and not the new directb2s.

The Shuffle Alley table that I posted a video of requires that I set the B2S DMD area at a different size than my other B2S tables are set at.

• Content Provider

IMHO all the handling of the 'screenres.txt' file should be done in the backglasses or in the server. Sounds a bit like a workaround to put this into FPLaunch.

I have added a few lines of code to support this feature in the B2S.Server. Exact the way Dazz describes it: Add a folder with the table's name and place a special screenres.txt for this table into it. I will publish this server in a few minutes in the B2S group as the version 0.99 of the server. Dazz, maybe you have some time to test this feature?

this can't be done from fplaunch since fplaunch is not launching directb2s backglass, it is launched from b2s server (like uvp server)

fplaunch is only launching b2s exe, but that also can be launched from table

and about this exe herweh or anybody else with experience in vp table scripting - is there a way for table to close that b2s exe on table exit from table script?

• Content Provider

The folder idea is nice, but a file named the same as the table and the directb2s file with an extention of .res would be nice. The editor could generate it possibly. If no .res file is found, then it would look for the default screenres.txt file.

Just an idea.

• Content Provider

May I am missing something here. I used the folder method for a few tables to get rid of the bezel on my cab for some of the newer ROSEVE B2S tables like STTNG. Now with Herweh Server that information is contained in the  directb2s file. So why would the res file on top of that?

Each directb2s file included the res information.

Am i Wrong?

• Administrators
IMHO all the handling of the 'screenres.txt' file should be done in the backglasses or in the server. Sounds a bit like a workaround to put this into FPLaunch.

I have added a few lines of code to support this feature in the B2S.Server. Exact the way Dazz describes it: Add a folder with the table's name and place a special screenres.txt for this table into it. I will publish this server in a few minutes in the B2S group as the version 0.99 of the server. Dazz, maybe you have some time to test this feature?

Just wanted to let you know that I have tested this feature and it appears to be working correctly.

• Content Provider
The folder idea is nice, but a file named the same as the table and the directb2s file with an extention of .res would be nice. The editor could generate it possibly. If no .res file is found, then it would look for the default screenres.txt file.

Just an idea.

This should work in the final version 1.0 of the server too, Al.

• Administrators
This should work in the final version 1.0 of the server too, Al.

Wait... are you saying that the .res idea should be working?  Don't need a folder?  So, gamename.res would call the custom screenres for that table?

• 3 months later...

Is this function still supposed to work in server 1.2 ? I can't get my table to use its .res file instead of the standard screenres.txt. I'm using a 5:4 screen + 7" as DMD and I'm displaying the 16:10 backglass without grill and correct aspect ratio, so I'm using the screenres to lower the res of the screen and to center the image, works pretty well. But of course some backglasses aren't in that ratio so I have to have multiple configs.

For future reference, after extensively trying to get this to work I found out why B2S Server wouldn't use the game specific res file. It seems that when the backglass is set to run in exe mode instead of standard, it's going to ignore the res file. In standard run mode it works fine !

Archived