Can't Get Sam Table To Work! Says Check The Rom Path But I Have The Correct Rom

bpjacobsen

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some have F6 menus, some you just have to change the Const cController number in the script.

and some change

From ---> 'Set Controller = CreateObject("UltraVP.BackglassServ")   or Set Controller = CreateObject("VPinMAME.Controller")
to  ---->    Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server")

• 2 weeks later...

Note the the  'Machine terminated...check rom path' message can intermittently occur in VP9.x where your max textures in vp are set to unlimited and your gfx card can't handle it. This may happen on some of the more graphically intense tables.  I'm hoping that the error handler in vp10 is improved over vp9 to correctly detect problems with the max textures and show a more informative error rather than lead you on a wild goose chase looking for rom file issues when there aren't any.  I had the same issue with ACDC intermittently showing that error in vp9 and for me I had to change the max textures setting from unlimited to 1024 (2048 still gave me the same error). Once at 1024 it ran every time without error.  It's worth a try to eliminate that possibility especially if the error returns intermittently for you.

Glad I checked in on this thread. I too occasionally get the message about not finding the rom when I know I have it. One time , the table will play ---next time I get that message--so thanks xzotic for the info. Seems lowering the max textures down to 1048 solves more than the "Render blah balh blah " error

• 2 years later...

FIX!!!!!    I had the same problem as you and read through all of this.

Go to the Stern site and download the English/French version instead of the English/Spanish. after download change the name to "potc_600af".

Then put that file in your ROM folder, make sure you delete the old one!

Then start the game and go into the script and change all of the script that has the potc_600as to the new potc_600af, even the ones that are"POTC_600AS"!!!!

I think either it was a rom issue or the script having capitals maybe????

Anyway that fixed it for me!!!

Controller.GameName="potc_600af"
  'Controller.Games("potc_600af").Settings.Value("dmd_pos_x")=980
  'Controller.Games("potc_600af").Settings.Value("dmd_pos_y")=766
  'Controller.Games("potc_600af").Settings.Value("dmd_width")=290
  'Controller.Games("potc_600af").Settings.Value("dmd_height")=768
 Controller.SplashInfoLine="Pirates of the Caribbean"
 Controller.ShowTitle=0
 Controller.ShowDMDOnly=1
 Controller.ShowFrame=0
 Controller.HandleMechanics=0
 Controller.HandleKeyboard=0