Can't Get Sam Table To Work! Says Check The Rom Path But I Have The Correct Rom

bpjacobsen

I followed the instructions for loading the sam roms etc. I renamed the pirates of the caribbean rom to match the script. It still says machine terminated before initialized and to check the rom path. All I get is the play field loaded with no action. Please help. I'm dying to play this table. Thanks!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And here is another issue. I have 202 other tables that work perfectly. But if I open setup for vpinmame and try to enter rom path or anything, it does not update. When you hit OK, it does nothing. I have to end task in task mgr to close it. whats up with that? 

Check the rom name versus the rom name in the table. I believe the table defaults to potc_600as. On the stern game code page the english/spanish version ACTUALLY has the english/french which is 600af. you may have to change the name in the table to match.

this is nuts! That doesn't work either. I made sure the zip file, the bin file inside the zip, and the game name in the script all match but it still says not found. I think it has something to do with the issue I'm having with updating settings in vpinmame. When I open setup, I can't update anything. everything is blank and it won't even let me cancel. I have to kill the app to get out of it. But my 202 other non SAM tables work fine without having to enter any settings in setup.

I also tried changing the controller to vpinmame. same results. Besides, if I don't use B2S.Server, the B2S backglass won't work. I give up. this is a joke. sorry to sound frustrated but I really am annoyed at this point. Seems like others have this working. By the way, I set the vpinmame to run in windows 8 compatibility mode and now it shows the settings, but it did not fix this issue.

• Content Provider

It sounds like you don't have the vpinmame.dll you need which includes all the SAM tables - if you do, you it needs to register. Make sure you get the latest from the link outhere gave, put it in your VPinMAME folder, then open the setup.exe in that same folder and click "Install" to make sure it loads the latest DLL, then run the test again and see if POTC shows up

yes, I did that and it is on the latest version. This is so bizarre. i assumed that I also needed to rename the.bin file inside the zip to match the name of the zip file correct? Otherwise, how would it find the file? But I believe I have tried both, leaving the .bin as is and just renaming the zip file and renaming both. The script game name matches the zip and bin names. how to I add a screenshot here? got one showing script, rom and opened zip showing the bin so you can see how they are named and match.

Hit print screen on your keyboard then I just use a simple program paint built into windows and you go in there and bring up the image (control v) and then crop the image, save it  and then attach it to the topic

I run win 7 and I have two computer running vp and the files are install  under program files and both run great..

Did you try running vp without any compatibility mode or Nt compatibility

-

Check all files  they might block

• Right click the file and select Properties in the context menu.
  • Select the General tab in the properties window.
  • If you find the text _"This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer" or somthing similar on this tab, click the Unblock button. This should fix the issue.

Archived