Fplaunch With Jukebox And New Focus Routines

blur

here is debug version for bent's focus problem on exit menus

no pinemhiscores in this one

Note:

This is for debuging purposes only - this version has hiscores removed from top of the screen to see if pinemhi code makes problems with focus on exit menu.

And it does - the result is that with this version focus works ok on exit menu.

Testing continues.

FPLaunch no pinemhi.zip

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and another one

Note: 

This is also for debugging purposes only - this version has hiscores on different place - so it will first show menus and then hiscores to see if it helps.

And it doesn't - the result is that with this version focus doesn't work on exit menu.

We'll have to dive in pinemhi code and find what brings focus back to vp.

Testing continues.

FPLaunch no pinemhi2.zip

and another debug version, bent this is for you - test it and report if exit menu works or not.

i was looking in pinemhi what could be the problem and i noticed gui show hide is done

in my menus every time i do show hide i do gui +lastfound and winactivate

that is something like when black cat crosses the street and you turn around three times and spit three time before you continue

you don't know why you do it and what would happen if you don't but you still do it

probably if i test it without it it would also work on win 7, but not on xp and that's why it is there

so i could also do the same here - but i decided to put gui show instead of gui hide to see how it will work since it is outside of visible screen

if it doesn't work gui lastfound and winactivate is already there, just have to uncomment it

FPLaunch no pinemhi3.zip

great so this will actually be wip 10 - only have to add sound on printscreen, few comments to history and change version and put all the needed files in

found this on ahk site, looks like it's normal that show hide activates application "bellow":

Hide: Hides the window and activates the one beneath it. This is identical in function to Gui Cancel except that it allows a hidden window to be moved, resized, or given a new title without showing it. For example: Gui, Show, Hide x55 y66 w300 h200, New Title

great so this will actually be wip 10 - only have to add sound on printscreen, few comments to history and change version and put all the needed files in

I've been meaning to find time to try your upgrades for weeks, looks like I procrastinated right into the perfect timing.  :D

When you put it all together is it just a matter of replacing the WIP 9 files, or are there any other steps that are best to follow? I've been following the threads but there's been so much back and forth and bug fixing etc that it's easy to lose track of the basics.

as always - copy all over, move images to their folder and review settings.ini to see what's inserted in the end and adjust that "new" keys.

for advanced user that want settings.ini tidy - you can now copy paste it all from fplaunch with comments and explanations, ahk will remove comments when it loads settings.

ledclear.bat and ledset.bat I think I get what they do, maybe.... My issue is when I start a VP a table and exit in HP or not, whatever wiz activated light was on last stays on. Usually the coin or the start buttons. Are these two bat files supposed to help with that? If so where does one find them or what should I put in them. Should just be a simple clear buffer command that runs on exit no?

ledclear.bat and ledset.bat I think I get what they do, maybe.... My issue is when I start a VP a table and exit in HP or not, whatever wiz activated light was on last stays on. Usually the coin or the start buttons. Are these two bat files supposed to help with that? If so where does one find them or what should I put in them. Should just be a simple clear buffer command that runs on exit no?

check fplaunch.ahk or fplaunch manual - you have link there to ledclear and ledset files and instructions how to set it from the author of that patch

Ah, I should have seen this, my bad. 

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=16186&hl=

EDIT: It's just a little unclear as it's a WIP7 and it has all the FPLaunch files etc with it. I'm guessing you have incorporated everything into the FPL files so I'm presuming we just need the two bat files.

I'm going to drop those two files in the HP folder and set them in the settings file and see what happens. 

• Content Provider

EDIT: It's just a little unclear as it's a WIP7 and it has all the FPLaunch files etc with it. I'm guessing you have incorporated everything into the FPL files so I'm presuming we just need the two bat files.

I'm going to drop those two files in the HP folder and set them in the settings file and see what happens. 

You might also want to look at my mods to this as I added a way to support EM VP tables as well as FP tables for LEDS.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=16186&p=195456

• Content Provider
Sounds great but it's making smoke between my ears. Should I be modifying FPLaunch, if so I don't want to. I really wish there was an easy step by step with the already modified files to follow. That whole thread has me a bit mixed up. 

Hopefully this can help.  I created a tutorial for the ledset and ledclear stuff as I have it setup.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/index.php/topic/326-tutorial-how-to-setup-ledwizmod-ledclearbat-and-ledsetbat/

i can tell you what will happen - it won't work - you need to configure your ledwiz vbs scripts - bat files are not enough

Sounds great but it's making smoke between my ears. Should I be modifying FPLaunch, if so I don't want to. I really wish there was an easy step by step with the already modified files to follow. That whole thread has me a bit mixed up. 

fplaunch is not modified in any of those links

zarquon has all files except fplaunch in his link

darkfall has fplaunch wip7 and other led files - why wip7 - because after he modified fplaunch wip6 and 7 to include calls to ledset and ledclear i included it in wip8

so from wip8  on you don't have to modify fplaunch but you DO have to configure your ledwiz files somehow

deal with darkfall was - i include calls for bat files - but i don't include them - i just put link to them so people can get them from him - and he can develop them independent however he likes

you have all that explained in his thread

but why do you ask questions in this old thread - when there is a new thread wip 10 - with latest version of fplaunch - opened for discussion of problems with wip 10 version - and you are using wip 10 - not fplaunch with jukebox and new focus - which was just temp. version before wip 10?

you are bringing old thread up and people will download old version of fplaunch

Archived