Using Dof For Multiball Event

Hello,

i got a general question about visualise multiball. i have a cabinet with few tables und would like to turn a light siren only when mutliball is available on the table. 

I'm using Sainsmart usb relay and configured it correctly (when i play a table it clicks and clacks ;) ).

Maybe i didnt completly understand the architecture of toys available on a table. But is it possible to get a mutliball event and configure it to one relay which turns the siren on?

p.s. sorry for my english.

• Content Provider

possible yes, tricky and per tables also. one way but i can't work for all tables, you detect when no balls are between the outhole and the shooter lane, in dof config, with if conditions for all the switches used in the ball stack.

i know it sounds like chinese for most people except me and swisslizard i guess...

• Content Provider

The rom knows when mutiball is occuring but it does not tell us(VP or DOF) when multiball is occurring.  As arngrim said, in the VP script, you can manually track how many balls are on the table and determine multi-ball is active but you have to do this for every table and it requires knowledge of scripting VP tables

Thanks for clarifying.

The solution sounds like a mess. And even if i scan for the number of balls on a table it is little too late to announce multiball in optical way. Mostly the table does play some sounds and blah and then multiball is coming. Some tables hide allready some balls on table and release them by different actions.

I thought if i implement the interface "void DataReceive(char TableElementTypeChar, int Number, int Value);" then i could collect some info which can be interpreted as multiball but i guess like you said, it's not possible because no rom send this data.

And now? :)

• 6 years later...

I know its an old thread but maybe its helpful for someone who has the same problem.

It was a little trial and error but no witchcraft to me doing this.

I'll give you an example for TOTAN.

There are 4 balls in the "magazine" while attract mode is active. So all 4 ball trough switches (W32-35) are closed at this point. After the game begins only trough 1-3 (W32-34) are closed because one ball is on the playfield now and the other 3 balls were rolling down the "magazine" (no ball in trough 4 anymore = open). If you have locked two balls the switches for lock 1 and 2 (W66 + 67) are closed while ball trough 1 (W32) is closed (because 1 ball ist still left in the Ball "magazine" needed for the final battle multiball I think) and 2-4  (W33 - 35) are open. If you start multiball now the table releases the two balls out of the locks so the lock switches (again W66+67) are open now.

If you use following trigger it should work

(W34 = 0 and W66 = 0 and W67 = 0) "your effect code".

If no ball closes ball trough 3 (W34) and no balls are closing the lock switches (w66+w67) multiball has to be active and there are minimum 2 balls on the playfield. Understood? Just grab the manuals from the internet to find out the numbers of the switches, solenoids lamps and know the rules of the game good enough.

Archived