[Vp10] Visual Pinball 10 - Beta

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i still have a small issue, with VP10.

when i nudge the cabinet a little (mercury switch) i get this error by Visual Pinball.

it's something about BASS music/sound library cannot load C:\Program files\Visual Pinball\Music

anyone know what i need to copy to this folder, to get rid of the error?

• Content Provider

The vpiname here

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/download/2480-vpinmame-sampindmd-1-and-2unity-unified-version/

includes a bass.dll different than the one provided with VPX, have you tried to use this one?

I also suggest you to unblock all the dlls inside the VPX folder and to exctract all the vbs scripts (archived in the file vbs.zip) into your tables folder, overwriting the old ones.

ok, i've tried different versions of VPinMame.dll.

i've tried different versions of Bass.dll

everything seems to be unblocked and in the right folder. (i've triple checked now)

maybe its just that VP10 is still in béta version?

Many people have no problems running the VP10 Beta so I doubt it is the problem. Maybe start again with a fresh download of VP10 and fresh download of the table you are trying to play. Maybe you have a corrupted file someplace. You are trying ONLY VPX tables right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

that is right, it only happens in VP10 with VPX tables.
of course i had to rename the extension to *.vpt to play them via HyperPin (vpexecutable.txt)

but it also happens if i open VP10 and then open a table manually.

it's not that the whole thing crashes or hangs, a click with the mouse and the game continues
but it is weird and annoying, for a Cab of course.

Ah yes just been playing around with VPX of late is there any change log ?

Either way so far I know the gravity setting is very much different, where as 1.3 to 1.7 or so was somewhat considered reasonable, although I thought 1.55 about right, it needs to be a vastly reduced setting  at 1 seems a bit extreme to me and 0.6 maybe closer to the mark. Also Xscale/Yscales still exist, now it seems 1:1 represent your typical 16:9 ratio monitor vs the old school 4:3 monitor.

Any information on these changes and/or any change log exist?

I thought I'd give VP10 a try. Seemed like a pretty simple setup. I copied all the files into the correct folders and downloaded a few games to try out. 

I even unblocked all of the dlls and set vp10 to run as administrator. (I'm running Win 7 Ultimate 64)

No matter which vpx file I try to load I get an immediate error telling me that it can't load that version of table!

I can still run all of my Physmod 5 games as before. I just can't load vpx files.

Has anyone experienced this?

Not possible. If you are manually opening vpinballx it will load a table. Now if your trying to run through frontend maybe that is your issue if front end is not setup right. But manually running vpinballx.exe and then manually open a vpx table it should load

I thought I'd give VP10 a try. Seemed like a pretty simple setup. I copied all the files into the correct folders and downloaded a few games to try out. 

I even unblocked all of the dlls and set vp10 to run as administrator. (I'm running Win 7 Ultimate 64)

No matter which vpx file I try to load I get an immediate error telling me that it can't load that version of table!

I can still run all of my Physmod 5 games as before. I just can't load vpx files.

Has anyone experienced this?

Did you check to make sure the files stayed unblocked?

I am running the same windows you are and it worked fine for me, This makes no sense..

• Content Provider

Post the link you downloaded VPX from. The newest version is probably only on vpforums so download from there and report back

There was a compression format change somewhere during the VPX beta so you probably just need a newer version

• 2 months later...

i still have a small issue, with VP10.

when i nudge the cabinet a little (mercury switch) i get this error by Visual Pinball.

it's something about BASS music/sound library cannot load C:\Program files\Visual Pinball\Music

anyone know what i need to copy to this folder, to get rid of the error?

do you have NudgePlugIn.vbs in your tables folder?  renaming this file got rid of the error for me, the file is calling for nudge.mp3 and tilt.mp3

• 7 months later...

OK for fun, here's Verne's World. It's very playable. It has some of the new things from VP10 based on my time with the beta and some input from UW. There's a very basic desktop view in there, you have to go to Backdrop and change to "Use DT"

Additionally, I do not understand the rom navigation fully, and it's my understanding that the default ROM settings have a very low volume, so I've included my nvram file that hopefully helps you hear things.

It's an odd table, it's fun, it has neat toys, and if you can get the shots you can have some fun multiball. The targets on the left for "Balloon" - hit those to enable it. If you hit a ball up the left loop when balloon is ready, the ball will enter the balloon ball lock. gtxjoe scripted the whole balloon lock for me and it's the best thing about this table. It locks 3 balls for multiball. In the middle of the table are the "Volcano" targets, hitting these will enable the volcano shot, which just starts a 2 ball multiball. The volcano shot is obviously right under the volcano. The target to the right of that, "Octopus" enable the octopus lock. If you hit the ball to the top of the submarine area, (on the playfield) the ball kicks up to the cave on the top right and the Octopus grabs the ball. It holds 2 balls and starts a 3 ball multiball. It gets a little more complicated when you lock in both the octopus and balloon...but you can figure it out from there.

I do have one bug, where 2 balls enter the kicker two quickly and they don't launch. It happens so rarely, it will be fixed soon though.

I'm still learning vp10 but feel like I got pretty far on this one and I would just like to see more tables so we can all try to find some bugs...

Since this isn't a final release I hope just posting a box link is ok. If the dev team or an admin has issues with this please let me know a better way!

https://app.box.com/s/a3bx0xxsdgsc06rmupxu8furha6i8pvq

iKoPn9o.jpg

is there any other source to download the table? i created a account there but nothing happens when i press the download button :(

edit: got a working

Archived