Error Creating Ball Image? Anyone Have This Problem?

Weird.....tables load up normal, coin up fine, and then VP9.9 crashes with an error message with "Can't create ball" upon startup of a game? Anyone know what causes this? Seems to happen more frequently I've noticed with the newer scripts being used with B2B collision scripts. Is there a tweak so XP Pro users can get by this? Does not seem to happen in Windows 7 or 8.

Any help is appreciated.

To clarify my post...the example from the table I had this issue with first was Creature From the Black Lagoon, VP9 Version 1.1 by unclewilley. It errors out at line 1376 with the message: Variable is undefined:'bsize'.

This also happens on many other tables I have. Is this a compatibility issue with using VP 9.9 exe on tables created with other versions previous? Is there a "CNT" akicker adjustment in the script that can be made to resolve?

UNCLEWILLY-How can I adjust this? This happens on quite a few tables I have. Thought maybe its because I'm using VP9.9 and I know some tables have to be tweaked a bit. I don't mind modding scripts, but I have a nice blend of over 150 tables ranging from early 70's to the current SAMs. Any help is appreciated, as I am kind of banging my head on the wall with this. Its usually the "Set CurrentBall(cnt) = aKicker.Createsizedball(bsize) line in the script that is redlined.

*RESOLVED**

Sometimes we tend to overthink things when configuring tables. The simple solution was to dump my vbs scripts and reload the updated versions I thought I did already in the tables folder, and like magic-- no more ball errors. Core.vbs was outdated, as were a few others. *Great tip unclewilly, should have thought of that myself and it was easily overlooked.

Charlie

Archived