Enabling Plunger Support In Old Vp Tables

Evening,

After initial issues with my VirtuaPin plunger I have finally got it working and it's a beaut! However, i have noticed that some older tables (KISS..etc) don't support plungers 'out of the box'. Therefore is there a way to mod the tables (via simple script edits etc) to support the plunger?

• Content Provider

I need to get around to this also, so I looked at the Kiss table. It uses the kicker plunger method. One way is to covert it to the new modern plunger that was added to VP.

CONVERT KICKER PLUNGER based tables:

You need the plunger images from VP9.9 VP, so open VP and click on File->New to create a new table.  Click on Table->Image Manager.  Select the plungerBlackTip or plungerWhiteTip image or both and click on Export and save this image somewhere. NOTE: the default name for the plungerBlackTip is plunger.png, rename it to plungerBlackTip.png.  You will use it later

Now open the KISS table. Click on Table->Image Manager.  Click on Import and select the black or white plunger image you want to use. Click on Open, then OK,  Now, in the plunger area, move the round kickers in the plunger area and move them off the table.  Click on the plunger object (highlighted in blue) and change the parameters shown in the attached picture.    After changing the plunger settings, move the plunger as shown in the pic and test the table.  Adjust the plunger location and plunger "Mechanical Strength" as needed.

1419824913.png

• Content Provider

Exactly what he said. I'm going through the same exact thing. If you drag it offscreen you don't have to worry about any code. Otherwise the script will be looking for an object that isn't there. 50 Tables later, I'm through the A's.......

Morning,

Thanks guys for your very detailed and prompt responses. However, it would seem that due to my tables being physmod 2 or physmod 5 variants (and therefore using a modded version of VP 9.9) I can enable plunger support by simply checking the 'enable mechanical plunger' tick box. However, while there is no plunger 'animation' when the plunger is pulled back and released there seems to be an overlay picture of a plunger and I can see a plunger tip moving back and forth underneath - will the above method sort this problem?

• Content Provider

Yes. This applies to Physmod also. it does 3 things

1) enables vp 9.9 mechanical plunger

2) fixes the animation by moving the old kicker approach off screen and adding the modern plunger animation

3) adjusts the new plunger strength.

• Content Provider

Can you write a script or something to enable the plunger on a global basis? It wouldn't fix the animation I know, but it would make a lot of tables playable until the animation got fixed. Just don't know what's possible.

Evening,

I have done as described on all the tables I was having issues with the only thing is that while the plunger works well with the new animation. However i can't seem to find the kicker plunger described above and therefore cannot remove the old image/animation/plunger....see video below

• Content Provider

That example was specifically for KISS_9.1_1.0.0_FS table, and you can try the approach on other tables, but there are many implementations of plungers, so post a URL link to the specific table you want us to look at

• Content Provider
Right click on the plunger area and if you see P1, P2, P3, P4... then this is a Alpha Ramp based plunger

CONVERT ALPHA RAMP PLUNGER based tables:

You need the plunger images from VP9.9 VP, so open VP and click on File->New to create a new table.  Click on Table->Image Manager.  Select the plungerBlackTip or plungerWhiteTip image or both and click on Export and save this image somewhere. NOTE: the default name for the plungerBlackTip is plunger.png, rename it to plungerBlackTip.png.  You will use it later

Now open the table. Click on Table->Image Manager.  Click on Import and select the black or white plunger image you want to use. Click on Open, then OK,  

Now, we need to move all the P1-P12 images off the table. One way to do this is make sure you have nothing selected on the table. Click on Edit->Select Element.  Scroll down to P1, click on P1, hold down the shift key and use the down arrow key to select all the other P images.  Click on OK.  NOw copy them (Edit->Copy).  Now delete them (Edit->Delete).  Now paste them somewhere off the table (Right click on the screen somewhere off the table, and select Paste)

Lastly, click on the plunger object.  Change Type to PlungerTypeModern.  Change Image to plungerBlackTip or plungerWhiteTip.  Make sure "Enable Mechanical Plunger" and "Visible" are checked. Test table, adjust plunger location and settings as needed

I have one more question regarding this topic:

Yesterday i downloaded the physmod5 versions of Back to the Future and Firepower but have come across another issue with the plunger. In the table editor (under Select Element) there is only P1-P6 (not P1-P12 as described above). When i remove them from the table and import the new plunger image there is no plunger image present at all when i start the table. Therefore do i have to approach these tables slightly differently?

Kind regards

I have also an analogue plunger installed in my cab and DIView indicates that it's working absolutely perfect. But no matter what I do, I have no table where the modern plunger works as it should. Up to a certain point it's too weak and then suddenly way too strong. Skillshots are really not possible with this behavior. Any ideas what to do?

I think the best samples are TZ and RS. In both the plunger is weak until a certain point, slightly beyond this point it's too strong. So no skill shots possible.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ra7zmag7gs5wi4v/Twilight%20Zone%20%28Bally%201993%29%209.2.1%20FS%20-%20New%20Physics.rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xr35e0c145ohk5/Red%20and%20Ted%27s%20Roadshow_VP99_MOD_1.3.3_FOM%20PhysMod.rar?dl=0

I have a regular Williams plunger and a 10k Ohm Potentiometer installed for use with PinControl1.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/175ry8jboyat0a3/PinControl%2BPlunger.jpg?dl=0

• 1 year later...

Archived