Star Trek

dawen

Hey thanks for confirming. Is that a scripting add-on that needs to be coded or a limitation with VPM? The coil is above the playfield, not sure if that unique setup is the reason.

I just confirmed that the skillshot should be working with the unmodded 1.61 code, so I am going to be flashing back to that code and testing it this weekend.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

It's a vpm issue. Currently VPM only supports the 32 standard solenoids for SAM emulation but the diverter in Star Trek is on an Auxiliary board which is not emulated and not part of the standard 32. These Aux boards support up to 8 more solenoids... it's part of the reason LEs can't be emulated as well. So we fake it, I think in the VP version I have it up all the time except during klingon multiball based on feedback from loaf. If you have any other ideas when the post might be down I'd like to hear, just want this emulation to be as close as possible and for now that's the only piece of gameplay functionality that isn't rom controlled here like it should be.

Well that and the long ball saver...

Hey Fren, thanks for the explanation.  I actually had to swap Q51 & Q53 wires on the 6-Transistor mini driver board to get the skill shot and Vengeance ship working properly, not sure how they got criss/crossed. I have flashed back to the modded 1.61 code. Issue resolved on my STPRO.

The gate does go up when you start the Vengenance multi-ball so you can get shots directly on the ship on the left flipper. Also when you are working mission and that left orbit is lit up for a shot, the left orbit gate will open to keep things flowing.

It's pretty crazy how I never noticed I was missing this functionality all these months of playing the STPRO. So much nicer having it. Especially when you hit the center target to rock the ship. The game is so bloody noisy and loud with sound effects that I guess it wasn't notice by me or me or my pinhead buddies.

• 1 month later...

Archived