Star Trek

dawen

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

I see you figured out how to put end caps on the ramps.  Any tips on that part?  Always wondered why the model didn't export with them already on there.

Ah that was a whole ordeal....this is completely re-modeled in blender. It's simple in idea but not in execution (user error lol)......I am still trying to perfect it, right now it's way too high poly (should be about 1/4th the size I have them at currently) - once I have a good method I will share my .blend file and post a video showing how to use it.

I start with the imported FP ramps in Blender, then remove the 3d object associate with them so I just have the curves, then I trace those curves with a new bezier curve, like the tool in Photoshop but X/Y/Z

Then I create the cutaway shape of the ramp (like a U) using another curve, and I assign that shape as a bevel to the ramp trace bezier curve and tweak it from there. I use a modified version of that for the end cap (they're two objects merged as one) and then join and sphere map.......

I think I do have a good way to reduce mesh size though and I'll try it out when I get home this evening.

• Content Provider

god damn man I'm loving vp10 lighting

finished up the warp ramp primitive, that was a task..such a steep incline to get over the left ramp. increased the GI lighting intensity....vp10 bug right now causing the posts to turn black in desktop mode (see previous picture) but fine in cabinet mode. right now the magnet is black, though. small issue but frustrating trying to figure it out

....now the scripting begins :(

here's a side by side, GI on and GI off. No photoshop here.... just VP light objects

vMQLRq3.jpg

Archived