Star Trek

dawen

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Just curious, what does the "punch it" button do during game play?  just wondering if I'm going to need to include another button on my cab.  Looks more of them have a button around the center of the lock bar. Hmm........ 

mission select, the 6 hexagonal lights in the middle of the pf are missions, use flippers to select a mission, press punch it to choose mission and auto-plunge ball, or just plunge the ball as normal. when ball is in play, the punch it button lights up to fire at the vengeance ship, this is when it's great to have force feedback, the vengeance rocks back and forth as well

mission select, the 6 hexagonal lights in the middle of the pf are missions, use flippers to select a mission, press punch it to choose mission and auto-plunge ball, or just plunge the ball as normal. when ball is in play, the punch it button lights up to fire at the vengeance ship, this is when it's great to have force feedback, the vengeance rocks back and forth as well

I see thanks Fren/all, so if you don't have a lighted "punch it" button you wont know when to make the Vengeance shot, or are their other indicators?

• Content Provider

Looking great.  You may want to lower the left ramp a bit in the back as the warp ramp will need to go above it.  That is one of the things I messed up in the version I previously made as I had them backwards in their alignment.   Requested resource picks will be sent here in a little bit.

You'll see what I mean in the below pic.  That left ramp is actually not real steep (about 75% as steep as the right ramp).

1422988072.jpg

• Content Provider

Looking great.  You may want to lower the left ramp a bit in the back as the warp ramp will need to go above it.  That is one of the things I messed up in the version I previously made as I had them backwards in their alignment.   Requested resource picks will be sent here in a little bit.

You'll see what I mean in the below pic.  That left ramp is actually not real steep (about 75% as steep as the right ramp).

1422988072.jpg

Good point, so does it just elevate to the level right above the plastics and then flatten out? That should be an easy fix. I am dreading modeling that warp ramp, it's got a strange incline and angle, needs to get real high real fast.

• Content Provider

Yeah, it's only about an inch higher than the plastics.  If your plastics max out at 55 units then I would make the ramp end at about 80 units and it should be pretty close.  The warp ramp will be fun.  Keeping the alpha ramp lower will help with getting the warp ramp to look and work right.  It goes up pretty steep until the insignia and then start to flatten out pretty quickly.  The ramp actually has a cap on it starting after the insignia to keep the ball in the ramp (almost like making it a tube).

Hope this helps, if not, shoot me a PM and I'll try to help out more.

• Content Provider

Small update, decided to try and replicate the mod from here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-stern-vengeance-mod-chashing-ledsand got some work done on re-texturing the vengeance to enable this...

I'll have to mesh the light output so it can move with the ship when it crashes, that will be different.............

re-did the ramps per vetts suggestion as well

B5kRkBC.jpg

Archived