kizam33

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, this is where the fun started.  All ports on the SMT board worked and the lights lit up so that means my soldering was good enough. It was a great feeling seeing the lights and hearing all the force feed back sounds (Contactors, shaker/gear motors) Then the replay knocker was next to be installed. The contractors are 24v and the knocker is 50v I think. The ATX board is awesome, it has ports for  3v, 5v, 12v, 24v, and 32v. I wanted to power the knocker with the 32v port. I read some where 24v worked too but I wanted as much power as i could get. I bought the Williams replay knocker 26-1200 along time ago but Zeb said the 23-800 works best with his boards so I bought that one too. The knocker has two wires a black and a red wire. It doesn't matter which one goes to the atx board to power it (which would be the positive) as long as the diode is installed right on it. There is a little stripe on the diodes. This end goes to the positive side. It acts like a check valve for electricity. Well....... my dumb ass didn't put one on the knocker and boom!! The lights went out and a smell of burnt wire in the air. The knocker was too hot to touch. 

This is what it looks like when you're doing it right.

IMG_1833_zps0yhf7tqa.jpg

This is when you don't put a diode on a coil. 

IMG_1834_zpslpqj3yyr.jpg

IMG_1835_zpscqd2u4ew.jpg

IMG_1836_zpsr017vbw7.jpg

Lucky for me, Zeb protects his boards. For the ATX board, it was just a fuse. Not so lucky with the SMT board port.

IMG_1844_zpsxclgrpua.jpg

IMG_1838_zpssz7aauli.jpg

Ok, So I put the diode on the same knocker and tested it again. Wow, I never thought I would hear the sound of bacon cooking with a circuit board. Lol. Oh and that magic white smoke I have heard about, yeah instantly appeared. That told me the knocker was fried. I don't have a pic but it looks like the first pic but now two ports off line now.

Loafmeister: i have a bad memory but I think I saw the washer thing on hyperspin forum . Either it's in the "all about contactors" thread or someone's build thread. I didn't test it without the washers I just put them in all ten. All I know is the sounds of the contactors make me smile when they were firing off. They sound good for me.

Use a 26-1200 coil for starters, I noticed in your earlier post that you got that backwards. You need to change out the coil after a burn like that anyway.

Yeah, so I couldn't send the boards back for repair until I figured out my knocker issue. I went back to the 26-1200 knocker and put the diode on that and bam!!! The sweet loud bang of the replay knocker echoed the house. Like everyone else said before, "it scared the crap out of me."

I have been so depressed lately [emoji20][emoji20] not even looking at forums or anything.

because I sent back my boards back to Canada to get it repaired by Zeb and he has not received the package. 02/12/15 my wife sent it through the post office, paid cash and lost the receipt . So I have been working on little things here and there on the pin just waiting and hoping my boards show up but it's not looking good. It's the heart of the beast. My 46" has been out of the cab ever since and even my cab looks depressed like , "hey, why aren't you playing with me??" It's so frustrating and just one of those things that you can't believe happened. I think I have to just man up and move on by buying the boards I lost so myself and others can enjoy the machine instead of it being a giant paper weight. [emoji24][emoji24]

I have been so depressed lately [emoji20][emoji20] not even looking at forums or anything.

because I sent back my boards back to Canada to get it repaired by Zeb and he has not received the package. 02/12/15 my wife sent it through the post office, paid cash and lost the receipt . So I have been working on little things here and there on the pin just waiting and hoping my boards show up but it's not looking good. It's the heart of the beast. My 46" has been out of the cab ever since and even my cab looks depressed like , "hey, why aren't you playing with me??" It's so frustrating and just one of those things that you can't believe happened. I think I have to just man up and move on by buying the boards I lost so myself and others can enjoy the machine instead of it being a giant paper weight. [emoji24][emoji24]

Noooooooooooooopooooooooo

That's shitty news. Sorry to hear that.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, so I finally got my boards back a while back from the Canadian boarder and I shipped them to zeb a different way so it didn't get messed with. He fixed them and sent them back. Its all done so here are some pics of the build.

IMG_1686_zpskmlqzbvp.jpg

IMG_1674_zpszhvula8q.jpg

IMG_1920_zpsggjcyqvq.jpg

IMG_1921_zps7idks9s0.jpg

IMG_1923_zpstwnkyp0n.jpg

Now for the topper: I wanted to be able to take the topper off and on. I used a piece of "toe kick" for the base and was going to use two screws to screw it down. I super glued the guitars to the band and the band to the base. What took the longest was the freakin drum set and not having enough room for Liars and the drums. But Like all the cab builders would say, "I made it work."lol

IMG_1963_zpsfmr5g8cq.jpg

IMG_1964_zpsmnuvp3pm.jpg

IMG_1965_zpspajvmjeg.jpg

IMG_1966_zps9rhso0nj.jpg

IMG_1970_zps6jgxtfyu.jpg

IMG_1981_zps9xd6jpv9.jpg

Do not use these, they suck and were a pain in the butt. 

IMG_1977_zpsnlvh9f6d.jpg

IMG_1974_zpsvrcbmctu.jpg

With some many wires from the LEDs (3 wires each LED x 10 = 30) I ended up using (2)16 pin connectors from old power supplies. I cut them in half and spliced on the wires with solder and sleeve protectors. 

IMG_2053_zpscfji81k3.jpg

IMG_2118_zpsgw82ljij.jpg

78220E0D-61F0-49F9-B329-4C982D1D7FD7_zps[/

F152FF81-573F-420D-9273-88BE8F52C70A_zps

If you go 32"tv for the backglass, you're going to have to custom make the "H" channel. For the backglass I used plexiglass from Home Depot and cut it to fit. I then taped the edges I wanted black so it would hide the TV boarder. The lock on the top is the same key as the coin door. It came out better then I thought it was going to.

IMG_2002_zpsulnm4roh.jpg

IMG_2004_zps70jckjf6.jpg

IMG_2006_zpsceezk5zg.jpg

IMG_2007_zpsxxemvwq4.jpg

IMG_2005_zpshvgnyqjx.jpg

IMG_2008_zpsfwew0bnz.jpg

IMG_2011_zpshisycicy.jpg

Archived