Javier15

Ac/dc (Stern 2012)

Hi guys, revisiting this table as I would like to get it running better.

Runs ok on my older machine but the audio is crackly. After some experimenting the only way I could get rid of that was to limit the 'Max Texture Dimension' to 512 in the VP video options.

I tried lowering the audio bitrate to 16000 in pinmame but still had some crackle and the quality of the audio suffered a lot.

Wondering if there are any other ways to smooth the table out for my 1GB vid card? Maybe removing the flashers or something?

Or possibly adding a dedicated audio card? Any help would be appreciated, I really love the band and the table.

Thanks

hi Javier, first off, thanks for creating this table.

i was eagerly awaiting the day when this table could be released, so i tried my hand a creating this table for my own enjoyment, but failed miserably......

anyway. this table looks absolutely beautiful, unfortunately i havnt been plying it.

i have tried all the different versions that you released, but  it seems to me that the physics of the flippers are not correct for some reason.

i am using PM5 as i am supposed to, i think i originally installed Pm5 just so i could play this table.

let me explain what is happening:

when i aim a shot at the left ramp, the ball goes towards the ACDC standups. when i aim at the right ramp, the ball goes towards the rock standups.

when i aim at the bell, the ball goes towards the lightning bolt standup/ left orbit.

i am not claiming to hit everything i desire every time i flip the ball, but i am only hitting my intended shot once or twice out of ten tries.

i have been playing virtual pinball for many many years, and have had a cabinet setup for about 5 years.

i play real pinball nearly every day, at home and in the wild, so i have a good understanding of the real life physics. i believe that many of the VP tables i play have great physics.

for the most part, i have only experienced this major inaccuracy issue with this acdc table.

i have only experienced an inaccuracy like this before on FP tables.

but for some reason i am experiencing this biggest discrepency on this table. i have other PM5 tables that play pretty accurately.

i am in no way trying to sound negative towards your abilities, i just want to figure out what i can do to be able to play this table as you intended.

the only thing i can do, is to mentally change the timing of my flip, to flip sooner then i normally would,

whenever i try, i just get too frustrated, and stop playing it. :(

is there anything that you know, or can suggest? am i the only person experiencing this?

thanks for the long read....sparky

Probably a dumb question, but how do I get the music to play after I select a song? I see that the songs aren't included in the table sounds, so is there a specific music pack that I should get? I can do that, or someone can tell me what the songs should be named (if they go in the Music folder) and I can just copy them and rename them from my iTunes library.

I had issues when I first tried loading the game, but running this one works for me if I:

1. Make any adjustments in VP99 (not PM5)
  2. Don't make any changes in the PM5 editor.
  3. Load another PM5 table first (I use a Jurassic Park table)
  4. Load AC/.DC through PinballX

Are you sure you are using the right acdc table?   This one is controlled by the Rom which has the songs built in, No need for more music files.   There I another table released on vpforums.org that needed music, the files should be there still I think

hi guys, i finally started playing this table.........

there seems to be a glitch with the jukebox lights.

songs dont light up and stay lit as they are collected.

also you can notice that during game over mode, only the right side song light up on the jukebox.

i also went into sterns diagnostics, and did lamp tests.

in all lamps test, you can clearly see that only one song lights.

in single lamp test, they all light up individually.

however, i dont see lamp #'s: 16, 59, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 light up at all. not sure if these are related. i just checked stern manual, and these dont seem to be used for anything.

in row test, only 2 songs light, and in column test, 8 of 12 light up.

another poster in this thread, mentioned that the lights werent working also. does anybody know how to get them working?... im just starting to get into this game, and would love to get it fixed....thanks/sparky

Hello Everyone.  

Just found this table - I have more than 80 on my cab...but this is the first time I've ever seen where there's no ball.  It sounds like it's there, but there's nothing showing up.  I saw some references to this last year - but wondering if there's a new (or newer) solution to help me solve this problem.

Hope you can help!

When you install VP - using the one-in-all installer. You get the latest vp9, pm5 and vpx executable. Just run the correct exe for the table. The problem between those is that file ext for vp9 and pm5 is the same. So, you kind of need to look at the description of the table or often the filename that says its a physmod table ... or pm5 or something like that. You can run a physmod table in vp9, but, well the flippers will be very slow and many times the ball doesn't even manage to eject.

You are not going to break anything by running these.

Thanks for the info Thalamus!  I should mention that I already have VP9 installed on my cab - so the idea of trying to install pm5 separately is what scares me.  And you mentioned the ball not ejecting: that's what is happening to me (as I'm trying to run a table in VP9 - hence my thread here).  Can pm5 be installed separately?

And yes you can install PM5 separate,  now when you use the all in 1 installer you will get 3 exe files for VP.  VP9, PM5 and VP10  You just have to make sure you use the correct exe file for the correct type of table.  A PM5 table like this will not play on VP9 because the PM5 version was a physics overhaul which was the transition to VP10.  I highly recommend you get VP10 as they are the latest and greatest for physics and graphics.  Best advise is backup your current folder first, if you mess something up you can always go back