Plunger Kits, And Other Questions

Itchigo

• Content Provider

This is a question about plungers and how they work.

If you use your keyboard or a switched plunger, you press the key and it pulls back. You release the key and it shoots the ball- no matter how far back it is. Simple.

Plunger.pullback

Plunger.fire

So how are these kits (Zeb's and others) getting around this and letting the plunger release slowly and not shoot the ball? Is it an external script? Modified vp?

I'm going to shorten my plunger for the sake of the tv (don't want to move it, just want to chop a little off), and I'm thinking of making my own.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an old power supply from a 12v cooler I plan to use. It's 110 volts in (wall plug) and 12v 5a out. I'm guessing this should be enough for 2 relays and some leds. I'm thinking of some small automotive relays to make the flipper sounds. Will this be loud enough? I don't want it overly loud, but I do want to feel it. Maybe a microswitch behind the flipper contacts. Obviously there will be a main power switch (cutoff) so I can play at night without waking the wife. I'm only thinking of flipper relays, and nothing else- no bumpers- at least for now...

Any problems with this?

• Content Provider

The analog plunger is like the z-axis of an analog game controller.  It sends values from something like +127 to -127 to VP.  So if the plunger position changes from position to 127 to 0, you get max plunge, but if it changes from 1 to 0, the ball may not even move.  

If you have any game controller with even an x or y axis, you can plug it in and try it out.  In VP, keys menu, set plunger to X or Y-axis if your controller does not have z-axis motion

Archived