Any Tips Or Tricks?

unclewilly

• Content Provider

Just wondering. Ive never had a windows 7 machine that was beefy enough to run vp.

So im purchasing a new pc and I. Wondering if there is anything special I need to do to have vp run smoothly in wi dows 7 64.

Here are the specs:

I7 quad core at 3.4ghz

16gb ram

Nvidia gtx 660 with 1.5 gb video memory

Any info is appreciated.

Tried to find info at the other place but it is spread between so many different threads I figured id just ask here so there is only one place for me to look.

Oh and for right now ill only be running 1 screen and a real dmd

Thanks

-scott

I don't use Ledwiz.

I have a i5 2.6 GHZ, 8 GB RAM, GTX 670 (2GB) with 3 screen connected (now 2 with real DMD).  I use the latest driver available for Win7

And a SSD, which I recommend in any case, I'm quite sure you will notice more of the SSD than 16 GB.

XP allows you only to use 3 GB. Windows Server Enterprise 64 bit would be an option to use more, of course, but the license is more expensive than the whole cabinet with all hardware, so for me I would not consider it as an option. As VP is a 32 bit app, more than 6 or 8 GB will never be used (4 GB with the patch for the app, the rest for Hyperpin and System).

Win7 64bit works fine for me, but as I said, no Ledwiz.

I run a i5-3570k @ 3.4ghz.  8gb corsair vengenance ram.  128gb ssd.  gtx 660 2gb/9800gt with 512mb of ram.  I run 4 screens in my cab.

I also run the led wiz with the whole list of cabinet goodies.

Running win7 64 bit I have experienced no stutter, no lag, and no problems.  I have changed nothing from the default load.

Your computer will run everything fine.  Even with an ledwiz. 

my computer feels so miniscule right about now!

I only use 1g ram with a 80 meg hard drive with Windows XPpro

with a Radeon card

Now I ain't a cab user/owner but I have had no running problems at all with ANY pin

either in FP or VP with this set up

so if both FP and VP run on this archaic setup it should run on most  anything

my computer feels so miniscule right about now!

I only use 1g ram with a 80 meg hard drive with Windows XPpro

with a Radeon card

Now I ain't a cab user/owner but I have had no running problems at all with ANY pin

either in FP or VP with this set up

so if both FP and VP run on this archaic setup it should run on most  anything

Running FP with all options unchecked and using all of the lowest graphic rendering option settings in a low monitor resolution is like watching an old Black & white tv, of course it works, but who gives a shit.... Same with VP, if you slide the alpha slider all the way to the left, run at a low resolution and run low textures, anyone can play the tables, but they might as well play tiddlywinks.

• Content Provider

Got new specs.

Im getting a mini itx pc from digital storm

I7 quad core overclocked to 4.4 ghz

16 gb ram

Nvidia gtx 680 2 gb

120 gb ssd and 2 tb hdd

Windows 7 64bit

So I need to run as administrator and turn off desktop effects

Do I need to run in xp compatibility mode

Best part is pc is liquid cooled and about the size of an xbox 360

Running FP with all options unchecked and using all of the lowest graphic rendering option settings in a low monitor resolution is like watching an old Black & white tv, of course it works, but who gives a shit.... Same with VP, if you slide the alpha slider all the way to the left, run at a low resolution and run low textures, anyone can play the tables, but they might as well play tiddlywinks.
And what's wrong with tiddlywinks :-) :-)

Nice to see you around Bob.

Archived