The Walking Dead

milin

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear friends, I understand the anxiety of all here to play THE WALKING DEAD!!!, I had the luck to play recently to this pinball and I can assure them that it is one of the worst pinball that have played!!, really boring.........!!!!. They don't GET LOST OF ANYTHING!!! Does somebody say different?, because?

That's what's great about pinball, different themes and layouts appeal to different pinheads. TWD pinball designed by John Borg has actually hit it's stride with the latest 1.24 code. The game is super fun now and very challenging. Make sure you aim for the drop targets first to get a mode going and go for those multi-kills. Once all multi-kills are done, go for the wizard mode called Hoarde which is supposed to be insane! With Blood Bath, Siege and Last Man Standing soon to be added, this game has moved into my top 5! The average game lasts less then 5 minutes because these outlines are tough. This game is for nudgers, if you don't nudge, prepare to lose yours balls fast and cry how this game sucks. 8/10 pinheads with the latest 1.24 code for me.

edit: TWD Rules Sheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit

• Content Provider

Here's a start for someone wanting to start building the table.  This is as far as I got with the PF before I got burnt out.  No sense in it going to 100% waste.  Still needs a fair amount of work to be nice.

1433254414.jpg

• Content Provider

Which parts?  The lower inserts are ones I started to dissect.  With all my PF's I always would cut out the factory inserts, boardering and lettering.  Then I would remake them all to make them look better. 

If you are talking about the overall color, I can't comment on that.  I had a friend on another forum take some pics of his NOS LE PF that he had before it was sold.  I stitched the pics together and just blended things the best I could.  Some contrast changes could do wonders on it but as I was saying.  It was just the start of a redraw/cleaning.   Figured nobody had a NOS PF pic so figured I'd through it out there as I've started with much worse in the past. I may pick it up again some other time but no plans to at this point so figured I'd throw it out there.

• Content Provider

Messing around with Walking Dead - the rom 111h, every time I start the game, it goes thru a verifying image routine. Is there some method to turn that off?

[update] Ignore.. I guess I didn't let it complete all the way thru to mark it done (i assume in the nvram directory). It doesnt go thru the check anymore.

“THE WALKING DEAD SOUND REPLACEMENT” for v1.25

Hey Pinheads here's the link for the update Pro Rom that adds a few thousand show actor sound bites to the game and some new intro music. This ROM was created by pinsider Cleland.

Couple of notes, you might know but when you install the .BIN you will get an error message at the end of the install.

This is normal so you don't loose your high scores and settings. Just power down move the dip switch back and power back on.

Also, go into game settings and it's like the last ones for Speech Volume. Set it to -35 to -40 to start, the lower the negative value (up to -60) the louder the speech becomes. -40 seems to be working for me the best.

Flawless in latest pinmame 1.12 that supports latest 1.25 pro rom. New amped intro music is awesome, and game over music is killer stuff. Job well done by Cleland.

FYI: I had to rename the bin twd_125 and zip it with same name for it to work properly.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey now, hot of the press, the updated voice rom for the latest TWD code. Make sure you update your Vpinmame to the latest version!

Greetings,

Please forgive the copy and paste, but a lot you guys are chomping at the bit for this update on this holiday weekend.

You are receiving this because in the past you have inquired about The Walking Dead Pinball sound replacement package.

With the release of Ver 1.28 I have updated the sounds, tweaked some, and added callouts for the Horde mode.

Please Note installing this update will wipe all high scores and settings clean.

As with the previous version you will need to go into game settings and tweak the Speech volume setting. The lower the value the louder the sound bytes are. -35 seems to be a good setting for most.

There are two versions for each model available (LE/Premium and Pro)

LE/Premium Adult Version Here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD128LE_CLELAND_ADULT.BIN

LE/Premium Clean Version Without Profanity Here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD128LE_CLELAND_CLEAN.BIN

Pro Adult Version Here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD128_CLELAND_ADULT.BIN

Pro Clean Version Without Profanity Here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD128_CLELAND_CLEAN.BIN

Enjoy, and Happy 4th of July!

Cleland

If you feel you want to donate to the cause , you can paypal any amount to me via paypal:[email protected]

All proceeds will go towards the purchase of the Fish Tank Topper through Gexchange. If you already donated the first time, please don’t again. No one is obligated in any way, this is work of passion.

• Content Provider

twd_128.zip & twd_128.bin  - you can pretty much figure this out using the setup.exe -> test feature of the vpinmame.dll.

Where is this in the adjustment menu?

"As with the previous version you will need to go into game settings and tweak the Speech volume setting. The lower the value the louder the sound bytes are. -35 seems to be a good setting for most."

I can only find the music volume adjustment from 1 to 15.

[update] found it via google .. its hidden the feature menu of the setup. Missed that.

Archived