Stern Star Trek

unclewilly

• Administrators

I think we have nearly perfect resources for it. Probably could use a primitive ship or two. We already one table completely built, looks great and plays great. Also, just got word that another is being worked on now. I'm sure the guys would share the resources.

There is an issue that hasn't been able to be resolved.  It's a possible emulation issue, but multiball never seems to end even when setting the ball save timers down to 5 seconds in the game settings.

This is the current build, but its a bit out dated now.

post-2-0-52255200-1416404652_thumb.png

• Administrators

The current build looks fantastic! Is the release delayed because of the multiball issue or is it cuz the real pin isn't out of production yet? Or both? lol!

Mainly due to the game still in production, but when there are emulation issues like this one it makes the game no fun. That and this game uses the AUX board to run some lights and possibly switches.  The AUX board isn't emulated yet, so that's one of the reasons as well.

• Content Provider

I did a redraw a while back and 85vett just shared a ton of plastics with me to use, let him know if you're going to build and he'll probably share them with you. If you'd like my redraw I'll share my psd, it needs help on the light inserts so I'll probably touch them up soon

2O2Qj8X.jpg

• Content Provider

Of the ones that can be released, I guess WOF, Stones, NBA(there is a nice WIP but don't know if it will be finished/released).   Shrek too, but since FG is being worked on, might make sense to base it on that.

I guess there is also Stern "Good Morning America"  :o

• Content Provider

6mdm is almost complete. Ss tables are really quick.

also have 8ball champ almost done.

I helped phil with the current wof and nba.

I hate that rs table.

Guess ill just finish up pinball magic

and work on some vp10 conversions

• Content Provider

Oh yeah, i guess first ill try and get those bugs worked out in ngg tom.

sorry if im holding that project up

Right, like I'm going to blame you for holding up the project that I've been working on for years :)  I think everyone realizes that when I show a WIP that looks done it will still take another year or 2 before release.

• Content Provider

The table Dazz posted is mine.

I actually just sent the table to Fren earlier this week as I've lost motivation to work on tables and I felt it could use some updating to meet current standards.

The game plays good and already has a start to physmod5 conversions done.  The control gates and the solenoid that moves the vengence ship are on aux boards and don't work.  Everything else does (even the color changing lights).  Only thing majorly wrong with the table is the warp ramp should be above the left ramp and not below it.  It really just needs to have the rubbers, plastics, ramps, ship, etc updated to primatives vs hundreds of walls.  That and some artistic clean up.  I now own a Pro version of this table so I can provide any pics needed for anyone wanting to make the table nicer.

I sent it to Fren as he's knocking these out and doing such a great job.  I'd be more than happy to send the table to any of the main table builders on the site if they'd like to take it over for completion if Fren would prefer to work on another project.  I just wont send the table to anyone that is not a major contributor to building as I don't want someone asking for it to "update it" just so they can play it now and to never give it the love it deserves.  Been burnt way to many times with stuff like that so I've learned my lesson already.  Sorry if that sounds jerkish...

With all that said.  I'm still polishing up my MET table and Mustang table.  MET is by far my best VP table at this point and I'm going to see it through to completion as well as Mustang.  After that, I'll probably just focus on restoring real machines as I have a couple friends wanting me to do a machine for them after I finish my Bride of Pinbot Restoration that I just started.  These things are taking almost all my free time, but it's pretty rewarding to see a junk machine come back to life :-)

• Content Provider

I started on it tonight, I'll keep it as a side project - sounds like I'll have plenty of time :)

This will be the first table build I've done that is actually a game I'm really familiar with and really enjoy playing every time I can..........I wonder how that will affect my process

Archived