Indiana Jones Wip - Freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

• Content Provider

Not much going right now. The FP version of this table by GLXB and Highlnder00 (beta or WIP on pinsimdb) had a great table redraw by Highlnder00 and models done by..shoot....I actually don't know, did GLXB do the models? Or rom?

Since it was so good it doesn't make much sense for me to go redraw and I can't find a high res playfield scan. I'm currently waiting for permission from Glxb to use his resources. Does anyone know if he has given permission on GoPinball somewhere?

I've redrawn the plastics and done primitives for them, re-textured a couple things. I've put it together in VP and have it launching (as you could see in a video elsewhere on this site) thanks to help from gtxjoe, I'll probably need a bit more help from him... this table is complicated compared to other Sterns from this era! Progress will be a bit slower than my last build because of that........

zF8mzWE.jpg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played it at the Ottawa pinball show and thought it was a damn fun game. It is known I think as a one trick pony or one gimmick game, but I really had a great time with it! Really looking forward to this one!

Not sure if Glxb gave permission,mi though he had but I will check and get back to you

GLXB had given permission to mod his unfinished tables (such as Shrek, Avengers, TSPP, Dark Knight and Iron Man). He didn't really say anything about Indiana Jones (as he was still actively working on it prior to his "retirement") so I'd personally wait for his response. You can also reach him via twitter @glxb

He did however say this back in November 2010 when he started :)

NO UNATHORISED MODS UNTIL 4 MONTHS AFTER FINAL RELEASE!

In response to the question of uploading tables to pinsimdb I'll say this. It's been in the works for over a year (WIP, categories are there, some tables are posted but just not made accessible). It's the old saying, not enough time, not enough hands, too many good tables to post etc... All I can say is stay tuned. It should happen this decade lol...

Found this old post

http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1282

Basically, the big condition was that it had to be posted on pinsimdb. This was referenced in the past year in that shrek thread which I think he had also said "please ask and we will probably say yes". Does pinsimdb accept vp tables there? ;)

Awesome Fren!

Got the chance to play this in Vegas on my honeymoon, but as I got on a roll at the first try my new wife forced me to leave it in the middle of the third m-ball!

Needless to say - that was the thing that made me divorce her! ;)

Really happy that I now, almost 4 years later, soon can settle this round! :D

• Content Provider

Hey fren. Isnt this the table with the captive ball section that raises up to reveal a scoop?

How are you going to accomplish that?

Just curious, i was going to build this one back in 2010 when i first got hold of the sam dll and distributed it to a few guys in the community.

before i realized the emulation error.

Glad that got worked out.

Looking really good btw

• Content Provider

Honestly, not 100% sure. I believe the best way to do it is set the ball images to invisible and use ball images as primitives that track the x/y of the ball, everything there is a primitive so moving it will be easy, then I just need to destroy the captive balls when the captive ball area starts to move, and create the ball when the captive ball area is dropped again (along with drop walls to hold everything). That's one that makes the most sense to me but I haven't started to script it yet

Then it's just a matter of enabling/disabling kickers right?

• Content Provider

I guess with the class, you have the option to keep the ball nailed in place, but yeah I guess you can't do what needs to be done with this table.

To move the ball, you can do:

Set Ball1 = Kicker1.createball

and then to move it just set x/y/z in a timer

Ball1.x = 100: Ball1,y = 100; Ball1.z = 60

• Content Provider

Now that i looked at the area and seen how compact it is.

the easiest way would probably be to not use balls at all.

i have a mesh ball.

just have 2 mesh balls sitting there with a dropwall in front for the hit event.

In the hit event for the wall if the velocity is above a certain amount just use the transxyz(whichever axis it is) command to move the second ball back to the target and back into the resting position.

Then when the whole area raises you can use the transxyz to raise all the primitives as well. Will save a lot of real ball handeling.

great job, I was going to ask earlier if this is the game that has multiball started from the ark, I couldn't remember the game as I never played it for real, but watched a video a while back showing the multiball start, and I thought it was so cool as the balls seem to get a good randomized launch to start multiball.

Archived