Is There Recommended Physics Mod 5 Video Options?

B2K24

I'm running an i7 930 with 6 GB RAM and have a Nvidia GTX 760 for a card. I run a 2 screen setup with Direct2BS enabled. I'm unsure if I have everything set properly, so any help or recommendations would be appreciated.

post-2227-0-54033000-1415377234_thumb.png

I'm curious how do you not have the 4xAntialiasing active?  It has always been Checked on my system and of course greyed out.

I'm not sure. I wonder how I can fix that. Maybe I'll try upgrading Geforce experience and lastest Nvidia drivers

• 2 weeks later...

i saw 120 fps recommended previously .. I also dont bother with ball reflection on playfield. I am no expert though :-) Some mods for the the directb2s screen should/could be done as well.

I don't think 120fps is necessary with the PhysMod version.    Mukuste fixed the issue with the physics being tied to the screen refresh.   120 is the recommended value for non-physmod VP.

These are my setting with W7 ...

nvidia_t.jpg

Only others I have set not in picture are..

Texture filtering - Quality...High Quality

Texture filtering - Trilinear Optimization..On

Also be sure to turn off all the VP options except for the ball as those will just add blur and further reduce frame rates.

I use these for all the new VP builds for the best rendering results here and don't use the frame limiter at all here as it seemed to cause micro stutter.

Thank you very much Stevoz, I will make these changes so we match and see how it goes.

Just to make sure I don't fowl up, would you please post a pic of your VP video options so I can be sure I match there also.

Thanks so much

Thank you very much Stevoz, I will make these changes so we match and see how it goes.

Just to make sure I don't fowl up, would you please post a pic of your VP video options so I can be sure I match there also.

Thanks so much

Here ya go...though you can do whatever you like with the ball options including the stretch options. That said I feel I get better performance without stretching the ball and you really should not have to do that and be sure to select just the VP.exe, don't do these settings globally.

post-94-0-16781800-1416959692_thumb.jpg

I'm going to do a lot more testing this weekend playing a lot of VP and especially PM5 VP. I played for a couple hours after matching your settings and I didn't have even 1 stutter at all. The experience was Amazing!

I appreciate so much for you to snap your settings and share them. They have completely fixed all the problems I've had in the past.

One difference I noticed after completely matching your settings was checking Enable Quality FXAA in the VP video options seems to cost me 0 and makes things look a bit better/sharper even though I completely matched everything you did in the Nvidia Control Panel.

Thank You Again so much for your help. It's like a whole new gaming experience from here on out. I look forward to enjoying a lot of tables this weekend

Cheers!

Archived