B2K24

All 650 Vertical Games (Parents Only) Mame.xml (0.155) For Pinballx

Question

Lately I've been looking at PinballX and quickly noticed it has MAME support for displaying/launching games.

http://imgur.com/TFMYi1s

So I'm like, if one of my Displays will be vertical for playing Visual Pinball, then I might as well take advantage of it's MAME support and create a vertical game listing to enjoy those games on the same vertical display.

http://imgur.com/9yhXFOq

The setup wizard and setup process is extremely simple. There is not very much anyone can screw up trying to install this and make it work.

I can even give it more eye candy if I wish by associating artwork or it also has the ability to play .wav/.mp3 files matching the game you stop at on the wheel.

Anyway, if anyone cares to try out this FE that can utilize a vertical display. I've attached my current MAME.XML

Only games with the Driver marked good (Green status) have made it in thus far. In the coming days, I'll continue on adding imperfect games/drivers

Feedback is welcomed and Enjoy!MAME.zip

21 answers to this question

Yea dude! What kind of control scheme would you use here? The only game I have on my cab is Ikaruga (the Steam version) and it's got a simple 1 button + joystick control, are most of these similar?

It might sound really silly too you, but even for playing Visual Pinball I use a Nintendo 64 controller hooked up to my PC with a USB converter, so there is plenty of buttons ;)

Most only use about 2 or 3 buttons though

Hey B2K24 , I'm not going to use pinballx for mame games on my WIP pincab 2 screen 48"/32", but thanks for sharing. Here a video of me testing a CombatKing fight stick on some classic mame games, joystick needs tweaking , AWESOME on a big vertical display.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M6PZtwuFvE&list=UU2dLJmQsSWsBA1ANaJRoWkg

I cant get PinballX to load MAME. I think it has to do with the [Paramters] line in PBX settings. Can anyone tell me what this line should be for command line MAME?

Thanks

I cant get PinballX to load MAME. I think it has to do with the [Paramters] line in PBX settings. Can anyone tell me what this line should be for command line MAME?

Thanks

[TABLEFILE]

Lately I've been looking at PinballX and quickly noticed it has MAME support for displaying/launching games.

http://imgur.com/TFMYi1s

So I'm like, if one of my Displays will be vertical for playing Visual Pinball, then I might as well take advantage of it's MAME support and create a vertical game listing to enjoy those games on the same vertical display.

http://imgur.com/9yhXFOq

The setup wizard and setup process is extremely simple. There is not very much anyone can screw up trying to install this and make it work.

I can even give it more eye candy if I wish by associating artwork or it also has the ability to play .wav/.mp3 files matching the game you stop at on the wheel.

Anyway, if anyone cares to try out this FE that can utilize a vertical display. I've attached my current MAME.XML

Only games with the Driver marked good (Green status) have made it in thus far. In the coming days, I'll continue on adding imperfect games/drivers

Feedback is welcomed and Enjoy!attachicon.gifMAME.zip

I just stumbled across this and had to try it. Totally cool! Now I have even more media to track down and setup on my cab. :)

I used this tool to generate an xml based on working games, and the controllers I had. I did have to modify the tags for Pinball X, but it works. 2,782 Mame, and 734 FS tables. smile.png

http://www.waste.org...nkles/ROMLister

<game name="005">
    <description>005</description>
    <cloneof />  delete
    <manufacturer>Sega</manufacturer>
    <year>1981</year>
    <genre>Maze / Shooter Small</genre>  change to type
  </game>

You have to Play DK and Pacman only at your Cab ;)

Of course, with a Joy ...

attachicon.gifcab_mame_01.jpg attachicon.gifcab_mame_02.jpg attachicon.gifcab_mame_03.jpg

Think I have that covered... :P

One problem I didn't think about is Pinball X is choking on my database. With 2,782 Mame, Pinball X is taking 2 minutes to open... :angry:

post-4-0-63139600-1449636378_thumb.jpg

I was considering using Pinball X for all my Mame games that I play on my combo Pinball Arcade cabinet I call Pincadia.

P_20151224_162415.jpg

P_20151224_162434.jpg

P_20151224_162535.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EpEymOD6j0

I honestly don't want to have 2000+ games on Pinball X, but I do play both vertical and horizontal MAME games on my cabinet on the vertical playfield with a nice bezel / overlay for each game, and I also will have some fanart and control panel images (with CP Wizard images of my control panel) on my backglass as well for each game.  Is there an "easy" way to add only the many games I want without having to deal with 1000's of games in the game manager?

I was going to use GameEx but I really want to make use of my 3 screens for MAME and other games. I do this for Pinball games already.

I also want to launch my PC games using Pinball X as well, as I play those on my backglass.. Currently my green center button launches Steam so its easy to launch PC games no matter what, but without the nice artwork possibilities...

@TerryRed you can create a MAME ONLY.xml where it has only the games you do want on your cab. It's probably best to create this one by one using the game manager and if you hit the 3XX game limit just start again with an empty XML. Once you have everything finished you can manually combine it into 1 XML file.

PBX allows you to switch from MAME only or VP only or even PM5 only and use different executable which is really nice. There's no need to have everything combined into one big mess and it's nice to hit a button on the cab  and cycle through those different things which PBX handles easily.

How did you get 650 vertical games in this list? I'm using romlister and only getting under 200.

Can someone elaborate on how this list was created? What tools? What steps?

I have a much newer romset, and can't replicate this list.

Can you set this up in PBX where the MAME games are NOT part of the "All Tables" selection, and that they only show up when chosen as a custom list?

Or, is there a way in PBX to have it start up in such a way as to display, say, "VP ONLY" tables?

I'll try this out over the weekend when home with my setup, but for now I wanted to ask the question before I forgot it.

Thanks!

No to your first question, but for every XML you have you can set it to do that XML only so others are not shown. Sometimes I do MAME only or Physics Mod 5 or VPX only. It works really well.

Tom has created magic that has made my custom list obsolete.

https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/19062-deprecated-see-gameexgameex-arcade-v1478-mame-xml-generator-for-pinballx/?do=findComment&comment=168292

If you have the latest GameEX installed just update list and then check location GameEx\DATA\PINBALLX

It automatically creates XML files for use with PBX \o/ \o/

PBX XMLs.jpg