Metallica Release Date

hallman45

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Table looks awesome! Question on your cab build, what size monitor is your playfield? Your setup is sick!

It's a 46 inch LED.

Full specs are:

Monitors:

- Playfield tv - 46 inch LED

- Backglass - 32 inch LED

- DMD - 19 inch LED

Computer:

- Windows 7 64 bit OS

- Intel I5 Processor OC to 4.4 ghz

- 16 gig Ram

- 2 GTX 460 Video Cards both OC

- SSD HD

Stereo:

- 5 1/4 Polk 3 way speakers on backglass

- 8 inch polk sub

- Polk 4 way amp

Running a 32 input LEDWIZ for feedback and the IPAC for my key encoder. Feedback is:

- Shaker motor

- Gear motor

- 7 Semiens contactors

- Replay Knocker

- 2 strobes

- 3 light housings with red, green and blue LED's

- 3 tilt bobs for nudge ability. One for left, right and forward.

Awesome, thanks man! My CPU setup is almost identical except I went with GTX560ti's. I was hoping to squeeze a 47" LED since I have an extra lying around, but guess I will have to go with a 46". I ordered a WPC style Widebody flat pack cab but I'm sure I'll need to route the sides to even fit a 46.. I only have a 27" for backglass, so hopefully it doesn't look too small. I may have to upgrade that one as well... 

• Content Provider

Awesome, thanks man! My CPU setup is almost identical except I went with GTX560ti's. I was hoping to squeeze a 47" LED since I have an extra lying around, but guess I will have to go with a 46". I ordered a WPC style Widebody flat pack cab but I'm sure I'll need to route the sides to even fit a 46.. I only have a 27" for backglass, so hopefully it doesn't look too small. I may have to upgrade that one as well... 

Don't use my specs to validate what will fit a widebody kit.  I say this as I custom made my own cab and also had to have a custom lock-bar created.  I'm not sure what size will fit a standard widebody that has a decased TV.  I left the case on my TV as it was smooth all around and I liked having the black boarder.

• Content Provider

I'd say you definitely have to route the sides.

The 27" is small though, but if you go with a 32" it is too wide for the backbox, even with routing....

It's a 46 inch LED.

Full specs are:

Monitors:

- Playfield tv - 46 inch LED

- Backglass - 32 inch LED

- DMD - 19 inch LED

Computer:

- Windows 7 64 bit OS

- Intel I5 Processor OC to 4.4 ghz

- 16 gig Ram

- 2 GTX 460 Video Cards both OC

- SSD HD

Stereo:

- 5 1/4 Polk 3 way speakers on backglass

- 8 inch polk sub

- Polk 4 way amp

Running a 32 input LEDWIZ for feedback and the IPAC for my key encoder. Feedback is:

- Shaker motor

- Gear motor

- 7 Semiens contactors

- Replay Knocker

- 2 strobes

- 3 light housings with red, green and blue LED's

- 3 tilt bobs for nudge ability. One for left, right and forward.

Hi,

I have a question about the sound system in your cab :)

The sound in my "soon to be" cabinet will have similar configuration (2 car speakers, 1 sub and 1 4 way amp). My question is, what is the best way to connect all this into the PC sound board. Any picture or diagram, or even text will help me get the picture ;)

Thanks in advance!!

• Content Provider

Hi,

I have a question about the sound system in your cab :)

The sound in my "soon to be" cabinet will have similar configuration (2 car speakers, 1 sub and 1 4 way amp). My question is, what is the best way to connect all this into the PC sound board. Any picture or diagram, or even text will help me get the picture ;)

Thanks in advance!!

I'm using this - http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Audio-Cable-Splitter-1-Mini/dp/B00004Z5CP/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1428424768&sr=1-13&keywords=speaker+to+rca+converter

With these - http://www.amazon.com/Pyramid-RY5-Female-Male-Adaptor/dp/B000J3I66S/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1428424832&sr=1-2&keywords=rca+splitter

The exact ones I'm using are a bit nicer quality as I found them at a local stereo store but these should work just fine.  You basically use the first item to convert your sound from the PC into a RCA jack.  The second item (you need two of them) allows you to break that out to run a 4 channel amp.  You could do this many other ways of which some would be better but this was a cheap way for me to do it and it worked out just fine.

• Administrators

something is wrong with metallica doesnt run. when i press play vpinmame  not run :(

Metallica isn't released. The ROM is a SAM game, so go through everything that you've done before with other SAM games to get the ROM to load.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Vette, with all the test tables coming out on VP10 and looking mind blowing amazing with superior physics, are you going to port over your masterpiece to VP10?

BTW, I am getting approx 350FPS with VP10 tables on my Nvidia GTX 980 card. A bit of overkill, but the tables run great.

• Content Provider

Right now I have no plans to do any more work on it at this point.  I just finished my BOP restoration so I may pull up VP10 and see what all it would take to convert it over.  Right now it's looking like a PM5 release only with approvals to mod right off the bat once it's launched. 

Thanks Vette for the update. I am getting that itch to buy another Pin and inquired this week from my Canadian Pinball vendor on the Metallica Pro shipped to my house. It's gone up 1G Can in the last 8 months due to the crappy dollar. He won't give me a break on the price even though I have bought 2 NIBs from him in the last 3 years. This is regodamdiculous!

MetPro Version - $6,495.00 Can

+ 13% prov tax = $844.35 (we get raped on taxes in Manitoba)

Shipping = $296.00 (cannot avoid this charge unless you live in Toronto)

Total = $7635.35 (Price of divorce lawyer retainer if wife out finds I spent this on a Pin) 

• Content Provider

Call Trent at Tilt amusements or JJ at Game Exchange of Colorado.  I bet both of them will kill that price even with the US to Can conversion.  For some reason I was thinking people in Can were paying a lot closer to $6K delivered for a pro right now.

As for the discount.  I bought 4 in one year from a vendor and even paid more for a couple to build that relationship so I could get better pricing.  Still getting the standard price that every Pinside member was getting.  That is when I gave up on the relationship and I now just shop around.

Checking out their website today -> http://gameexchange.biz/collections/pinball-machines

These guys have a variety of used Pins as well :)

The MetPro is $ 5,495.00 USD on the website or $6689 CAN. Shipping is Free as I can have them ship it to a border holding company. I will still have to pay the 13% tax when I declare at the Canadian border. I save about $100 CAN going this route so not really worth it.

When the dollar was par, we had a dealer ship to our holding company at the border for $4700US shipped which was an awesome deal :)

Archived