Metallica Release Date

hallman45

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

That would be Dark that modeled the head for me.  The body is just an image on a ramp that is vertical.   The animation is done by having a captive ball hidden under the apron.  The head tracks the ball and there is a kicker that fires when the animation to move.  The walls are all elastic so you get some good bouncing going on.  Best part is because of this design when you nudge the game sparkys head will move with the nudge.  This is thanks to JP's AFM animation for the main ship.

• Content Provider

Good news for you (bad for this board) is I heard that Stern is planning another run of Met Pro's this April.  Doesn't help with the exchange rate problem but at least you know more are coming.  If any can afford to pick one up this is a game I highly recommend.  I've tried to mirror the real table as best as I could but nothing will replace this table from a real world experience type. It's an amazing game.  I was lucky enough to pick up an LE from a friend for a great deal and I've been very pleased with that purchase.

Good info to know. I guess Stern is going to pass on the Vault Edition of LOTR since that was the one rumoured to be coming out next? I am going to try and swap my pimped out LOTR for Met Pro here in Canada with a pinhead a province over. As long as I keep the purchase in Canada I won't get bit by the crazy exchange rate.

• 3 weeks later...

Well - if its a table that will sell again then Stern will make it !   At the end of the day they have to make money and keep producing new pinball machines.   I am a little gutted with the news they may be re-releasing Metallica but I suppose we have to wait until its out of production. 

The license will have to be renewed with the band and it depends how many $ they want out of it.  That will be a key factor in producing the game. 

In a way I am suprised seeing they now have a new boardset to make new games with!   But I dare say they will run the stock of the old PCBs down and not get any more produced.  Depends how many Gary has in the cupboard.

I may call my contact at electrocoin in the UK - see if he knows anything.

• Content Provider

Was reading news today that Metallica is losing money like crazy (the band not the pin) so it might still be a cheap license for Stern. I don't know how high the demand us for it, but I think if it is going to go out of production it's going to be soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived