Metallica Release Date

hallman45

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I've been looking forward to playing this table for months.  Thank you, 85vett, for releasing it!  It's a great looking table and a lot of fun!

I also have a question regarding sound.  What is the sweet spot setting number for music attenuation and speech attenuation, so I can hear the music more clearly over the awesome game sound effects?  The defaults are 0 for music and 0 for speech, however so far, -50 for music and 0 for speech seems to bring the music to the front a little better.

Thanks!

• Content Provider

I've been looking forward to playing this table for months.  Thank you, 85vett, for releasing it!  It's a great looking table and a lot of fun!

I also have a question regarding sound.  What is the sweet spot setting number for music attenuation and speech attenuation, so I can hear the music more clearly over the awesome game sound effects?  The defaults are 0 for music and 0 for speech, however so far, -50 for music and 0 for speech seems to bring the music to the front a little better.

Thanks!

Stern's sound adjustments are counter-intuitive.   Negative makes it louder and positive makes it softer.  Not sure why they did that but that is the case on the real tables.  If you want more music and less sound effects go with -50 for music and 25 for sound effects.  You may also want to reduce the sound effects volume in VP as well if those are the ones you are looking to reduce as well.  It's in the editor on the right hand side.

The sound effects are great in this game, especially when you hit the electric chair.  After understanding how Stern uses the music and speech settings, I've found -50 for music and -10 for speech sound best to me.  Everyone will have different preferences of course, but I now have this down...it's time play!

Really love this table, Vett.  Great job and it's now my favorite table you have created.

Thanks again for sharing your work with us all.

• 1 year later...
On 12/27/2015 at 4:23 PM, 85vett said:

Contacted by Dazz and he's given approval to release the table here.  Uploading now.  I will also be uplaoding another table that is a WIP.  I hope you all enjoy it and it was worth the wait.

I got to try your latest tables earlier back in 2016 & they are amazing :)  Thank you 1,000,000 times :)  Awesome work as always :)

Archived