Metallica Release Date

hallman45

• Content Provider

This goes for everyone looking for a real pinball machines (especially a new one).  Do not, and I can't emphasis this enough, do not buy off the web.  Call the vendor and talk with them.  Stern will not allow a price to be advertised below a certain amount on a web site.  If you call they will sell them much cheaper than the price on the web.  For example, there should be no reason why you can't get a MET pro shipped to you in the US for right at $4600-$4800 US. 

paulohotline - Give JJ and Trent a call.  Tell them you were talking with some friends that are members of pinside and that you were refereed to them and that you would like to get a MET.  If you are able to and willing to spend $4600-$4800 US shipped then you will have a MET in your house pretty soon :-)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

I was reading on pinside as well that method of payment with some vendors affects the price. IE bank wiring the money will get you a better price than paying with credit card.

I can't confirm though, I've never bought a machine...

• Content Provider

That's correct.  Pay by credit card will normally net you an additional 1.5-3% for the fee.  I still pay via CC just for the extra protection I get.  Like cheap insurance to me but paying via a check will net you a better price.

I am working my Canadian distributor with the full court press to see if I can get him to match last year's price. He has the older MetPro's in stock not the newer LE's so his BS about dollar increase is not flying with me since they have been sitting in his stock room for 8 months:)

Edit: I found a bar owner on Pinside located  in the Yukon Territories of Canada that may sell me his HUO Metallica. I just have to find a shipping company that will send in a truck to pick it up as he will not ship himself. Wish me luck.

Update #1: NAVL wants $1450 Can to pickup and bring it to Winnipeg! What a rip!

Update #2: Found a local shipper in the Yukon that will ship it to Winnipeg for $250CAN. Unfortunately, my LOTR buyer has backed out. Not a good time to sell PINs with KISS coming out and Summer starting to hit its stride. May have to wait until fall to pick up a Metallica :(

• 1 month later...

My brother got to stop in at Vett's house a couple of weeks ago.

Did not know that he was even a VP table author at the time.

He got a little sneak peak of this beauty live and in person.

Says you guys are going to love it when release day comes.

Thanks for being such a gracious host Vett.

Your tables are among the best out there. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Content Provider

Appreciate it.  I actually bought a Metallica LE about 6 months ago so I wound up with all the missing resources that I needed that I wished to add :-)

The game is 100% complete and fully tested out.  Just waiting for it to go out of production now.  It's looking more and more like it will be my last table so I'm hopeful everyone enjoys it.

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

Once it goes into the archives on their website.  I heard today that the Pro's are out of production.  Just don't know if that is temporary while they ramp up on GOT or if they are truely done making them.

If the Pros are out of production, might you be releasing your table soon?

Also, please excuse my ignorance on this topic.  I saw there are other tables still in production at Stern and that have been released for VP and FP (Star Trek comes to mind).  Since VP is not a commercial product and I for one have never seen a virtual pinball machine anywhere but in people's homes, is there a waiting period that Stern has asked the VP community to delay releasing VP versions of their tables?

Thanks.

• Content Provider

VPForums won't host Stern SAM tables until 3 years after all SAM based machines are out of production, something like that...

VPuniverse won't host Stern SAM tables that are still in production on the Stern website

and other sites have their own rules...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

That's correct.  I'm not willing to upload it until it is out of production.  Just not something I'm willing to risk.  I've been told that another run of pro's will be done in December and that the Met liscense with Stern expires then to so it looks like this may be the last run.  Would be super cool for it to go out of production the end of December so I can release this as a Chirstmas present for the forum.

Archived