World Poker Tour Wip - Freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

• Content Provider

This build is cruising. All plastics done, I need to finish up the scoop kicker assembly to the left of the right ramp, add spinners and gates, add the little details.... oh and the light insert text, I'll probably do that last, that's only like an hour worth of work. Also the WPT box assembly thing..I think it just hides a solenoid (it goes on the back panel where the right ramp meets the upper pf)

aPpmscl.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently, a lot of people with a real WPT have issues with the ACE in the HOLE, something to do with the opto switches. From the videos ive seen ACE in the HOLE might be a little tricky, you gotta bash the ball against against the posts a certain amount of times to open them to lock your ball and then bash it again to eventually free the ball for multiball and more rules after that. Wish you well with all that stuff sounds complicated.

Anyway this guy has done a great tutorial/gameplay video explaining most of the rules and modes in WPT , just in case anyones interested

Really the only table where the spinners make a difference in scoring

And a simple table for those not familiar with poker hands

poker.jpg

• Content Provider

Good wheel image thanks.

I've got all switches on, the spinners do a lot, they are practically (besides skill shot) the only thing to advance your hand

ace in the hole works as best as I can tell. I'll post a video later today and get some feedback on the correct behavior

• Content Provider

I understand what you are saying Dazz, and I know it's your site and all, but if we are going to have to start watching everything we say and do here it's going to end up just like the other place.  I come here because I get so frustrated not being able to say something or answer a question or point someone to a file because it violates some rule.  I just hate to see this site start censoring posters too.  I've never understood why if someone doesn't want to answer a post why they can't just ignore it. I've had more than my fair share of tongue lashings at that other site for saying or doing the wrong thing, I really hate to see that start up here. Sorry, don't mean to rant & I'm not wanting to cause trouble but I really though this was an "Eggshell free zone" !

I got both points of view. Not to take away from Fren's great work. I think the question was asked nicely, but it could easily get out of control.

You do awesome work Fren! It's not one fo my favs, but you make it look great! Guess I'll have to give it another chance. :)

• Content Provider

Man that is really shitty ...haha stop forgetting things and get more memory already Did you say this was all built in PM5? I really liked the ball flip into the same side outlane

I'm real good like that lol... I was trying to get all the flashers to go off so I was actually targeting Ace In The Hole, but recording video really fucks with my timing. I usually record video on my laptop, much more powerful, but figured just a quick GI test I could handle it. I eventually got the flashers to go off but I'm not really sure how :(VP pity, I think

anyone familiar with the posts on the upper pf in this game? I can't see them well in videos so I'm not sure what they're doing.

Hey Frenetic, don't know if it helps, but this guy has them going properly in FP version Ladies of Comics Poker, same as ace in the hole for wpt http://www.player3productions.com/Downloads.php

5mr9n2i.jpg

Heaps of references to BallCaught part of the script with MBCapture

sorry , Only played real game once, looks like one post starts down and 1 hit on post to open for ball lock (DMD says lock is lit, post is up) , shoot ball to lock then both posts come down to lock the ball , new ball is served and then 3 hits to unlock ball from this video and posts stay up during multiball to lock a ball while in multiball, but looks like while in multiball you can't release the captured ball until you start a mode again, but read somewhere you can have up to 4 balls in multiball. I think, can't be sure, sorry

Copied from .pinballnews :

This is how it looks at the start of the game. Those posts are enough to stop the ball getting in there but you can bash the ball against them to register hits. After sufficient hits, the bars pop up out of the way so you can shoot the ball inside.

IMG_3761a.jpg

When you make the shot the bars drop back down turning the ball into a captive ball.

IMG_3744.jpg

You get served a new ball which you bang into the captive ball to eventually free it and start a multiball. 

MORE INFO :

The Ace In The Hole function is described in the first part of this article but hitting the bars produces a display and vocal announcement of the number of further hits needed before the bars rise. Make those hits and the bars move up so the ball can be shot into the hole. If you lose the ball from the upper playfield the bars remain raised ready for you to get the ball back up there.

Once you get the Ace In The Hole, the ball is trapped and another is autolaunched to the upper playfield. Because it's autolaunched, you don't get a shooter lane award.

Your aim now is to hit the (now) captive ball. Again, you have to hit it a certain number of times as announced and shown on the display. When you complete this the captive ball is released and Ace In The Hole multiball begins.

The jackpot shots are all down on the main playfield but you can add more balls to the multiball by relocking a ball in the Ace In The Hole. This autolaunches a third ball and you can keep hitting the bars to get all three balls in play. You can repeat this again to get up to four balls.

Letting any ball get away from the upper playfield makes this harder to achieve but there's a generous ball saver that kicks in whenever a ball is autolaunched. So with judicious timing, it's sometimes a good tactic to let escaped balls drain, so the ball saver relaunches them straight back to the upper playfield. Do be careful doing this though as there is almost no grace period after the ball saver times out.

Another way to keep your eye on the upper playfield is by using the two stage flipper buttons.  You can trap a ball or two on the lower flippers and continue to flip the upper flippers independently.

The locking of balls in the Ace In The Hole continues throughout multiball when you have fewer than four balls in play and it's possible to use it as a free ball saver if you get the timing right.

• Content Provider

Last update before release, I'll be sending it to a few people for playtesting and feedback tomorrow. I will provide 2 options for the LEDs, if you have DOF and need to use b2s then you can use the script provided by gtxjoe that functions very well. If you don't use DOF and just wish to use a static image instead of b2s, then you can use the rom-controlled script and it will function 100%. It sounds like a restriction with the b2s software, and since the creator of that software has stopped developing it, we're not likely to get a solution.... I certainly hope we do though.

All that's left visually is a few GI cues and some minor things like screws...

tjNeWGN.jpg

Archived