World Poker Tour ( Stern 2006 )

mekurri2006

WoW, Bodybumps plastics are awesome, Thanks mate. Frenetic i missed those table pics on my search 3000x4000 thats mega detail . Thanks mate. That LED is looking so cool, being a VPM issue those last 6 columns might not be possible without a VPM update. I was starting to gather aswell all the schematics for the 5x7 LEDS. lol

You guys don't muck around, i'm feeling a bit useless , heres what ive gathered so far : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25679915/wpt_resources.zip , i will continue to hunt for more, just in case its needed.

Frenetic, Your all over this, i don't want any credit if you do the table, i just want to help with anything i can, so merge the images from those 3 playfields into 1 3000x4000 and clean it up ( flashes,shadows etc )

The tedious job is the scripting............................... =[

Oh , yes that does look tedious, can you maybe borrow some script routines from comicalman's FP table, for drop targets, ace in the hole etc, to make your life easier.

this is going to be physmod5 only, are you familiar with physmod?

Yeah man, they are the best tables, physics are spot on, that will be great. So much appreciate you doing this table, can't believe how much this means to me. You the best mate

When people get to play it, they will understand why its such a good game.

Please let me know if there is anything i can do to help make this possible. I will try and have a look for the LED issue, maybe i can find something ( gotta be somewhere in the source code to change 64 segments to 70). Having a look at the source here : http://pastebin.com/V0UBj3Cd , there are lots of references to the minidmd and the game-specific banks they use, but honestly i don't know what does what. sorry

Its just i will feel like a lazy scab, requesting this and not helping to make it happen, so i will try and help with anything i can do with my limited (but learning) skillset. Cheers

• Content Provider

Oh , yes that does look tedious, can you maybe borrow some script routines from comicalman's FP table, for drop targets, ace in the hole etc, to make your life easier.

Yeah man, they are the best tables, physics are spot on, that will be great. So much appreciate you doing this table, can't believe how much this means to me. You the best mate

When people get to play it, they will understand why its such a good game.

Please let me know if there is anything i can do to help make this possible. I will try and have a look for the LED issue, maybe i can find something ( gotta be somewhere in the source code to change 64 segments to 70). Having a look at the source here : http://pastebin.com/V0UBj3Cd , there are lots of references to the minidmd and the game-specific banks they use, but honestly i don't know what does what. sorry

Its just i will feel like a lazy scab, requesting this and not helping to make it happen, so i will try and help with anything i can do with my limited (but learning) skillset. Cheers

lol, well I've got some great minds looking into the LED issue, no promises but it may work, if not, it's only 6 columns...could be worse, it would bug the crap out of me but has no effect on gameplay

I'm not really sure what you can do, really everything about table building is easy except the script, and I can't really deal with the FP script so it's going to be from scratch. Most of it is cut and paste from other tables I've done, drop target arrays, kickers, etc - building the table visually is time consuming but the most rewarding part. Once you get a table where you want it visually the script comes together a bit easier.

Don't worry about what you can do I guess, these Stern tables are pretty easy to work on, I have other WIPs that are much more difficult so I needed another table to do. It was either going to be this or CSI/IJ if we got them working. I committed to this so I'll finish it :)

There is one really crappy one close to me at a movie theater ... looks terrible and dirty and missing many parts targets bumpers ... almost like someone was robbing parts from it. I had time to kill before the movie so I played it ... it is actually a very fun game and I am watching this WIP closely

Thanks guys for all your efforts

Alright I guess this is a WIP thread now lol

Its a real WIP , Thats Awesome. Thank You so much. I'm really (praying lol) hoping when your happy with everything and finished you will like the resulting gameplay of WPT and you making it

physmod only will make it even better to play. Absolutely last bank of LED's down is better than no table at all and if there is no work around the main dmd will show the info there. And it looks

so cool already and its gotta be a first for a VP pinball table with that minidmd being utilized to its full extent.

I Feel this game is not really about the Poker Theme, to me its more about the Open playfield for long shots and the 16+ targets that are available that make it like the classics ( Royal Flush ,

Joker Poker etc ). So I'm thinking this will be on everyones cab, for sure, even if they don't play or understand Holdem Poker.

WOW , Frenetic  that looks so F@#$king Awesome already, Great

Again, great timing since you were after another WIP, so glad you picked this. Cheers

You probably need to make a new thread on WIP so others know your working on it, maybe people don't look in Table Requests that often. Just a thought

PS : Please no-one fix the issue with CSI until this is finished . hehehe

• Content Provider

Lol well, the CSI and IJ issue is fixed, so with any luck someone else will tackle the tables.

I put a lot of work into 24 only to find out it was just a crappy game all around, but I don't regret it one bit. I hear IJ is pretty crappy (I have only played it once and I kinda liked it) but the theme is enough to entice me. I'll start a WIP

Lol well, the CSI and IJ issue is fixed, so with any luck someone else will tackle the tables.

Glad to hear the CSI and IJ issues are fixed, that makes us all benefit.

Thanks, will keep an eye on the WIP thread, but atm i just keep looking at the first pic you posted. Awesome. Thank You

I put a lot of work into 24 only to find out it was just a crappy game all around, but I don't regret it one bit. I hear IJ is pretty crappy (I have only played it once and I kinda liked it) but the theme is enough to entice me. I'll start a WIP

Well Fren, I didn't care for one of the Mahjong games in MAME but I have every single one available on my MAME machine, and I have some very strange friends that actually play them sometimes.  

I feel the same about my Pinball cab, if it was an arcade game good or bad, I want it on my cab.  It's a part of the history of pinball and I'm sure someone will load that game up at some point and say hey I remember this game.

Besides, 24 is a fun table, granted it wears thin quick, but I'm glad you made it!  I'm just not sure if I'm glad stern made it.;)

Archived