World Poker Tour ( Stern 2006 )

mekurri2006

I know some guy was working on an FP version of this ( but released Ladies of comics poker 'cough'), but try as i may for years - i just can't get into FP tables.

Is World Poker Tour even possible on VP ? Looks like a tough one to do, with the L.E.D thing , a tough ruleset and a upper playfield with lots to shoot for :

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/5134/Stern_2006_World_Poker_Tour_Playfield_Shot_Map.pdf

This table is the Missing Link on my cab

Thanks for the replies, great news its doable

@freneticamnesic , mate do you know  comicalman over at goPinball, apparently he can on FP, don't know if it can translate to VP :

file.php?id=2982&sid=167d9180aefe593c97f

I would love to help with anything i can do or get to make this happen, let me know what u need i will try and get.

Looks like comicalman gave up on trying to make it for FP and made an original Ladies of Comics, but the playfield on that looks exactly like WPT.

• Content Provider

Unfortunately what's scripted in FP is not really translatable to a ROM controlled game in VP. I just looked and it doesn't look like I have as great of resources as I thought.

That being said, the table isn't very interesting to me, BUT if I had perfect resources (a playfield scan or high resolution bare playfield image, plastics scans, and decent detail shots of everything else) then I would build it. It should be built so it is worth doing for that reason, but I don't want to half-ass it and I feel that if I had to stitch things together and touch up images and redraw plastics etc I might not full-ass it :)

Anyways we had a storm this weekend that screwed up our cable so I don't know when I'll have time to look for resources, if you find anything go ahead and message me

hey frenetic , no worries , I know what you mean about doing stitched up half-ass tables that no-one wants to play on their high end gear. We all want Hi-res everything.

Yeah , i thought FP to VP scripting translation might have been a problem and  yes you probably have to enjoy texas holdem poker to like this game at all. I only got to play WPT once for real at a pinfest here last year and fell in love with it and haven't found it ever since, arcades are all but dead here now where i am , only a Timezone with 1 pin.

Anyway, i'll be glad to find the perfect resources for this table and post what i find here ( Only if they are High-Res ), just in case anyone else might like to help to build this.

Steve Ritchie is the game designer. Rules and software are by Keith Johnson, software designer for The Simpsons and Lord of the Rings.

Maybe the most underrated pin in the last 20 years

Cheers mate, thanks.

I would think that another table could be used for the example of the led script in the build ... Wheel of Fortune comes to mind. ... I have the ability to play one, close to me, but it is in extremely bad shape. I like the game and the way it plays.

Wheel of Fortune looks cool aswell ( damn looks harder the WPT to build ), LED looks a little different though to WPT, maybe cause its only 1 line, but if the LED script helps for WPT then i will try and get it.

@Frenetic Contacted comicalman at vpforums and he said reason he gave up on WPT is he never did find a good playfield scan.  Its one reason why he never completed WPT

I'm Taking a break from my other hobbies, so I would like to try and contribute a bit to this community which i have taken from for so long, Anyway

Using Batman Dark Knight as a default standard for quality, Need a little clarification/help for my search for assets and to get started, scripting the table looks way beyond my means ATM, but graphics i can do GIMP/Blender/Illustrator/Photoshop, going thru all the VP tutorials on everything i can for playfield /plastics etc :

Playfield Resolution : 1024x2048 and do i need to vectorize it all or is a hi-res scan good enough to get the standard.

Plastics : at the same resolution as playfield and do i need to vectorize it all or is a hi-res scan good enough to get the standard

Apron : 1707x772  is this the standard size for Stern Apron ?

BackBoard : 1402x465 is this the standard size for Stern BackBoard ?

Any other major parts i need to get ?  I have all the manuals,100's of detailed photos and all the gameplay videos i could find.

For my Educational Purposes, ive extracted all of comicalmans FP version parts so i can redo them for myself : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25679915/LOC_Demo.fpt.zip

And checked out the WPT playfield his done in Blender :

O6fwdXT.jpg

Any other tips, to start on the graphics on this table from the Pro's here. Cheers

• Content Provider

High res scans are fine for everything, any resolution above 1024x2048

I have an apron template for stern tables so don't bother with that, but high res images of the apron labels and instruction card would be great if you can find them

the backdrop image isn't too important, we rarely ever get a high res image of one so I usually just find something close in a high res. This would be the same width (1024) as the playfield image

and then of course all the detailed photos you have

Redraws of playfields like this one are difficult, they combine real images with some art, so you usually end up going with the closest possible image (like the original 24 table for FP) or it could be done really good (like zedonius' 24 redraw) and, for the most part, no one notices - but it bothers the crap out of me. I thought I'd never find a playfield scan for 24 but got lucky and came across one. There's probably one of WPT out there somewhere...just need someone to find it

a631c573fa342ce243720946782fb3d7.jpg

Is that really all there is to it? If that is not clear enough I will copy and paste it.

Looks like every column is an array so I wonder if I add another row on top properly numbered if it would display all the data. Right not it cuts off the top half.

• Content Provider

Yea that looks familiar, based on the screenshot it looks like 3 or 4 rows are missing up top. I'm confused though, it appears to display what it shows correctly, so it's 34 columns and 5 rows - how do you get another 3 up top when it already accounts for all the numbers?

• Content Provider

Well I tried to get the LED array to work tonight, I am on the right path but don't understand the Controller.ChangedLEDs script, it appears to be duplicating odd and even, so there's 7 leds per array and it says that 1 and 2 are the same, 3 and 4 are the same, 5 and 6 are the same, etc...i need to know how to skip the steps. joe helped a lot with this and some of my dumb questions

XeCG7mD.jpg

Thanks for replying, that L.E.D looks very close,  TSPP was TV was scripted in VP , it's all mumbo jumbo to me , but it has a different Controller (I think, but only 1 line again) to the WOF pic posted by Les73gtx :

'RED LED TV-DISPLAY ***************************************************************************************************************************************

Dim RLED(20)

RLED(0) = Array(r7, r6, r5, r4, r3, r2, r1)
 RLED(1) = Array(r14, r13, r12, r11, r10, r9, r8)
 RLED(2) = Array(r22, r21, r20, r19, r18, r17, r16)
 RLED(3) = Array(r29, r28, r27, r26, r25, r24, r23)
 RLED(4) = Array(r37, r36, r35, r34, r33, r32, r31)
 RLED(5) = Array(r44, r43, r42, r41, r40, r39, r38)
 RLED(6) = Array(r52, r51, r50, r49, r48, r47, r46)
 RLED(7) = Array(r59, r58, r57, r56, r55, r54, r53)
 RLED(8) = Array(r67, r66, r65, r64, r63, r62, r61)
 RLED(9) = Array(r74, r73, r72, r71, r70, r69, r68)
 RLED(10) = Array(r82, r81, r80, r79, r78, r77, r76)
 RLED(11) = Array(r89, r88, r87, r86, r85, r84, r83)
 RLED(12) = Array(r97, r96, r95, r94, r93, r92, r91)
 RLED(13) = Array(r104, r103, r102, r101, r100, r99, r98)
 RLED(14) = Array(r112, r111, r110, r109, r108, r107, r106)
 RLED(15) = Array(r119, r118, r117, r116, r115, r114, r113)
 RLED(16) = Array(r127, r126, r125, r124, r123, r122, r121)
 RLED(17) = Array(r134, r133, r132, r131, r130, r129, r128)
 RLED(18) = Array(r142, r141, r140, r139, r138, r137, r136)
 RLED(19) = Array(r149, r148, r147, r146, r145, r144, r143)

Sub UpdateRedLeds
 Dim ChgLED, ii, jj, chg, num, stat, obj, x
 ChgLED = Controller.ChangedLEDs(0, &HFFFFF)
 If Not IsEmpty(ChgLED) Then
 For ii = 0 To UBound(chgLED)
 num = chgLED(ii, 0):chg = chgLED(ii, 1):stat = chgLED(ii, 2)
 For Each obj in RLED(num)
 If chg And 3 Then obj.visible = ABS((stat And 3)> 0)
 chg = chg \ 4:stat = stat \ 4
 next
 Next
 End If
 End Sub

'3 COLOR LED TV-DISPLAY ***********************************************************************************************************************************

Sub UpdateLeds
 Dim ChgLED, ii, jj, num, stat, s, x
 ChgLED = Controller.ChangedLEDs(0, &HFFFFF)
 If Not IsEmpty(ChgLED) Then
 For ii = 0 To UBound(chgLED)
 num = chgLED(ii, 0):stat = chgLED(ii, 2)
 for jj = 0 to 6
 x = num * 7 + 6-jj
 s = stat And 3
 Select Case S
 Case 3:
 LEDR(x).visible = 0
 LEDG(x).visible = 0
 LEDY(x).visible = 1
 Case 2:
 LEDY(x).visible = 0
 LEDR(x).visible = 0
 LEDG(x).visible = 1
 Case Else:
 LEDY(x).visible = 0
 LEDG(x).visible = 0
 LEDR(x).visible = 1
 If S = 0 Then LEDR(x).visible = 0
 End Select
 stat = (stat And &H3FFC) \ 4
 next
 Next
 End If
 End Sub

----------------------------------------------------------

Yes, 24 playfield you done looks great and play great (but never saw tv-show, hard to get into), ive gone through a bunch of tutorials and have learnt a bit, but still need to do more.

My priority ATM is to get the playfield scan/Hi-res pic and the plastics, i found two guys selling the W.P.T playfields, but they wouldn't sell me a hi-res pic or scan with the usual ' no, because its licensed ', but thats ok i will find someone who will.

The Plastics i have found are much better, but need them to be perfect. Contacting 1 guy atm to do that, hopefully he comes through cause he has the full set in great condition. The Decals (cards etc) i found are ok, but looking for better.

You probably already have these, but they aren't the originals, they are alternate instruction cards but look cool anyway, until i can get the yellow originals :

wpt1+copy.jpg

wpt1rules+copy.jpg

3 more different sets are available from here : http://pinballcards.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/wpt.html

Black & White Original Instructions : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25679915/Stern_World_Poker_Tour_755-5188-XX.pdf

Will post here or message if any contacts come through. Cheers

Yea that looks familiar, based on the screenshot it looks like 3 or 4 rows are missing up top. I'm confused though, it appears to display what it shows correctly, so it's 34 columns and 5 rows - how do you get another 3 up top when it already accounts for all the numbers?

I guess my thought was why couldn't you add more and either renumber the script and the LED's or just add the numbers to the proper array continuing on from 175. So in array 1 would be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 176, 177, 178. Then array 2 would be 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 179, 180, 181. And so on ... of corse adding the new LED's and named appropriately.

I could be 100% wrong here but because I don't know how it works sometimes I find that gives me a way to look outside the box so to speak.

• Content Provider

. I guess my thought was why couldn't you add more and either renumber the script and the LED's or just add the numbers to the proper array continuing on from 175. So in array 1 would be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 176, 177, 178. Then array 2 would be 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 179, 180, 181. And so on ... of corse adding the new LED's and named appropriately. I could be 100% wrong here but because I don't know how it works sometimes I find that gives me a way to look outside the box so to speak.

You know, I started to do this last night, just moving the alternating lights off screen - I got half way through before I realized it wouldn't work. So there's 490 LEDs, and it's outputting 490 leds. If I double that to 980 and remove the alternates, it's still only going to output 490 LEDS, and it doesn't care if they're duplicate or not. That's why it's not displaying the PINBALL part on the second row I think. 

Although... perhaps increasing each array from 7 to 14............. 

nah, no no no, this can be done correctly, I've got one of the best scripters in the game taking a look at it :)

• Content Provider

Original Link : http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/1357-world-poker-tour-playfield-and-blueprint/?hl=%2Bworld+%2Bpoker+%2Btour

Should i work on this for a redraw while i wait for better or will i be wasting my time ?

814 x 1600

Thanks

Thanks for looking...

Unfortunately, that's either the same one we have currently or worse... that's not worth using honestly. We really need something better than that, and a redraw will be far too tedious.

Archived