Fatal Error:hresult 8007000E At..\render Device.cpp:499

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Anyone ever figure out this "fatal error render device" issue? I've been getting this at what seems like random times for a while now. At first the game I'm playing (doesnt seem to be tied to any particular game) will start to stutter BIGTIME and VP will eventually crash. From there if I try to restart VP it will crash as soon as I start the table. I have to rest the PC to fix it.

Tried numerous options switches in video preferences, none seem to help. Updated the graphics card driver (GTX770). I'm running VP 9.9.1.

I'm at a loss here.

Only change to my cab is that I added contators. I cant imagine they are the cause of this but will disconnect them anyway.

So close to being done "building" this damn thing....

Its got something to do with the contactors.... WOW...  I don't get it but they are causing some sort of issue with VP. After some pointers from Dazz I played several games (at least 45 minutes) with the contactors unplugged and no crashes. Within seconds of plugging the contactors back in, CRASH! 

I'm going to try 2 things. 

1. Install damping diodes on the contactors. 

2. run the contactors from +12VDC instead of +24VDC. Not sure if thats going to change much but its worth the effort. 

mibs table from loserman76 has that issue every time at the launch of the table on my pc and others, the solution is not found yet, if someone has an idea

I was having a few problems with Loserman76 tables, so i adjusted the max texture and it solved it. Strangely enough now I can play it at any texture. I seem to be having a problem I'm trying to solve for someone else that has me baffled so far. On a windows 8 computer why would most of the Sam tables display with a black playfield. It's weird. AC/DC displays correct and so does IJ but none of the rest do they all have this same problem. Changing textures does no good here. I hear the windows 8 computers are a gaming nightmare. I am so sticking with my Windows 7.

• 3 weeks later...

Whenever this particular error code comes up, it means this:

E_OUTOFMEMORY Failed to allocate necessary memory 0x8007000E

So, the graphics card doesn't have enough memory to store all the textures. What the "Max texture size" setting does is simply downscale all textures which are larger than that before uploading them to the graphics card. So it's designed exactly for that purpose of making large-texture tables run also on video cards with smaller memory size.

The reason such tables can still work on cheap on-board graphics chips is that those typically don't have their own RAM, but share the system RAM, which is usually much larger.

I don't know if it's possible, but it would be great if this texture limit could be set on a per-table basis. For example, one table that is giving people a bit of an issue is the new ad /dc as there are a few large playfields (very cool, as you can swap via button press the different playfields so you can get rid of Angus' ugly mug in place of a better looking Helen ;)). Anyway, some have to set the texture size to 1gig, but then they are forced to do so for all tables unless they go in and change it before/after loading ac/dc. Just a thought...

• 1 year later...

Hello...

old topic but yesterday I experienced the same problems but I found the problem (more or less) so I'd like to share this in case that anybody is getting this problems as well.

In my case it was enabeling the"enable Fast FXAA" or the "Enable Quality FXAA" option  under Video Options in VP 9.9.1 which caused these problems.

Unchecking these options and VP runs perfect.

Also tried to minimize Max Textures to 1024 but no succes, really needed to uncheck the FXAA options.

System Setup:

Videocard HD7950 / 3Gb

Pentium i5-3450

Win 7 32bit

latest video drivers

Archived