Fatal Error:hresult 8007000E At..\render Device.cpp:499

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another enthusiast suggested lowering the max. textures---which I did. I had to lower it down to 1024 before it would work. ....which brings me to another question. How does lowering that number affect anything? I have played several tables since lowering that number and I don't think I see any visual differences.

• Content Provider

Are you using the 1.1 release or the 1.0 release?  What video card?  I don't know how the max texture works, I assume it reduces the size  of the larger images to allow it to run with less memory.

Frenetic reduced some textures in the 1.1 release, but I can lower the resolution on additional images and release  a low-res version.  I will try to post a beta tonight so you can try it at max setting

• Administrators
Are you using the 1.1 release or the 1.0 release?  What video card?  I don't know how the max texture works, I assume it reduces the size  of the larger images to allow it to run with less memory.

Frenetic reduced some textures in the 1.1 release, but I can lower the resolution on additional images and release  a low-res version.  I will try to post a beta tonight so you can try it at max setting

Or we can stop catering to computer hardware that's 10 years old. Tell people to upgrade to take advantage of newer VP capabilities. Why make table authors spend time downgrading their tables just for older hardware. :P

• Administrators
Well...my computer us not 10 years old. I Don't gave access to my cab right now, but it's a Virtuapin cab that I bought about a year ago. I doubt that my vid cards aren't up to snuff

Well, there's your problem right there.

Dazz:  I don't have a virtua cab, just one build custom.  I run an  i7 at 3.5-3.9 ghz with an NVidia Geforce 570.  I have had to set my texture limit to 2048 from max for a couple of tables (only two I think! but it does happen  :) ).  I agree that catering to the many who have a super old pc is wrong, people have to move forward, but perhaps its due to people using different OS or ad Randr suggested, a setting needs to be changed. I don't know, but there are times when having a beefy PC isn't the solution.  its not always a bad idea for authors to check their texture sizes IF it doesn't compromise quality, blatantly and automatically suggesting the end user in question has a crap device may not be the way to go here, never mind flame baiting. 

Did someone pee in your corn flakes today? :D

• Content Provider

You need to download 1.1, it has the texture fix.

To be fair, I included textures in the game that VP can't even handle, so while it ran fine on our test systems, it caused memory errors on cards with <2gb memory. You can fix it by changing your max texture size in VP options to 1024, or download 1.1 which has the resized textures.

• Content Provider

Dazz:  I don't have a virtua cab, just one build custom.  I run an  i7 at 3.5-3.9 ghz with an NVidia Geforce 570.  I have had to set my texture limit to 2048 from max for a couple of tables (only two I think! but it does happen  :) ).  I agree that catering to the many who have a super old pc is wrong, people have to move forward, but perhaps its due to people using different OS or ad Randr suggested, a setting needs to be changed. I don't know, but there are times when having a beefy PC isn't the solution.  its not always a bad idea for authors to check their texture sizes IF it doesn't compromise quality, blatantly and automatically suggesting the end user in question has a crap device may not be the way to go here, never mind flame baiting. 

Did someone pee in your corn flakes today? :D

I have to agree with groni in this regard - I build tables I want to play. If it ever comes to a point where someone can't play my table but I can, and making it run on their system would compromise the look I wanted to achieve with the game, then too bad. If BobAlbright had read the Transformers support thread, he would have seen the solution was taken care of twice over. 

• Content Provider

Well it's a PC that has an outdated graphics card, that much can be determined :) I don't have the newest PC in the world but ....

the point here is that images above 1024x2048 are useless in VP. I redrew the plastics to the size of the blueprints that VP exports, which in this case was 1804x4096. I resized all but two textures to 1024x2048 but those two textures caused issues. If VP could handle the higher res, I'd leave it - in this case you can fix it by setting max texture size so it wasn't too much of an issue. But it reduced the size of the table by changing those textures so...maybe there was some benefit

I had a chance to take a look at what graphics cards are in my cab. The playfield uses a Nvidia GTX 660. The backglass is powered with  Geforce 8400GS. And let me also say that I want VP to be all it can be and agree that progress should not be hampered with older equipment. Although I am not a techie in the sense of being able to mess with the inners of computers, I AM a tech junkie and embrace all new technology. I just find it odd that my cab plays every table I have loaded into it (some 400 plus tables) and they all run perfectly. And then this table comes along and I have issues

This table runs in my office computer at full screen no problems and it's just a work pc with onboard video! You try deleting table and re downloading? No reason you shouldn't be able to run it. If needed I will upload my table, backglass and rom to a dropbox and I bet it will work for you

Archived