Transformer Rom

• Content Provider

Well, I just downloaded the TFEnglish.zip from http://www.sternpinball.com/games/transformers/pro (not the LE version).  Renamed the zipfile to tf_180.zip (I did not change anything in the zip) and placed this zipfile in the C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMame\roms and it works.

Typical troubleshooting:

Run setup.exe in C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMame and click on test.  

Make sure "Transformers Pro (V1.80)" is in the list, or download new version of Unified vpiname

Select it and click start to make sure DMD starts - check rom zipfile name and location if not working

Hmm---I used your link(which had a totally different appearance than where I went) to download the file again (downloaded it again 3 times) and am getting the same results. I did the test in Pinmame setup and the rom is there and displays in the DMD. I have the latest Sam Pinmame installed (did that again as well). This is really strange. I'm going to DL the table itself again and try again.

Odd, I'm having the same problem. My rom checks good, runs from the test, is named right, in the rom path with all other roms, still get the error on launch. The only thing that looks odd is there is an X to the far right of the Transformers 1.80 in the test list. Not sure what that means as other working roms do not have that X.  The 1.70 rom in the list does not have the X though. Anyone know what the X signifies?

Update: I deleted the tf_180 nvram entry and restarted the VP and the table now works. Try this if you are still having problems.

You da man Shadow. I know that deleting nvram can solve numerous issues. But I would not have thought about that. In fact, I didn't think the nvram was created until after u played the first game. I had a chance to play two games. Fun table. On both games I ended up with finishing a multiball and the next ball would not home up until I pushed the b on the keyboard. Gotta go out tonight but I'll b giving this some good play tomorrow. Thanks for the tip

• 4 years later...
On 9/19/2014 at 1:12 PM, gtxjoe said:

Well, I just downloaded the TFEnglish.zip from http://www.sternpinball.com/games/transformers/pro (not the LE version).  Renamed the zipfile to tf_180.zip (I did not change anything in the zip) and placed this zipfile in the C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMame\roms and it works.

Typical troubleshooting:

Run setup.exe in C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMame and click on test.  

Make sure "Transformers Pro (V1.80)" is in the list, or download new version of Unified vpiname

Select it and click start to make sure DMD starts - check rom zipfile name and location if not working

Pro rom is no longer available on Stern site, can someone share it?

• 4 months later...

Archived