Wip - Groni Pinball - Stern - Family Guy

Gronimod

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great table!

2 issues (I think others have said)

The centre post comes up but doesn't drop after the time out, however if you get death again, it will drop correctly the second time

The Stewie pinball lights are all dead.

Other than that awesome!

Edit: Actually the post does drop sometimes, but I can't see the pattern.

It may be if you manage to drain the ball while the post is up it doesn't reset at the start of the next ball?

Edit2: Nope - can't see the pattern, I've just disabled the centre post for now.

Couple of other things - the shot off upper left flipper through the tunnel is like a rocket - SDTM every time if you get the shot 'right'

A couple of time Stewie doesn't turn back round after Stewie Pinball.

Reference the desktop mode - is there a point?  This is a beta.  Why dont you wait until table is finished and then convert to desktop from the FS version?  It seems a lot of work when we are (hopefully) going to be getting a finished version.

For a laugh I got the Shrek B2S backglass and made a new entry in Pinball X for Shrek/Family guy hybrid.  I wish I had the knowledge to change the graphics ! 

I adjusted the centre post settings in the eprom and now it works better than it previously did.  I simply can not remember the real pinball and how much the post was up.  Its been at least 5 years since I worked on one.

Sorry i should have clarified.  I already have the game running in my cabinet.  Just was wondering if someone had changed their backdrop settings to  expand the playfield size towards the edges without screwing up game play.  Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Has anyone who knows building tables had a chance to pick up on this where Groni left off? Anyone have a working version with the upper table lights working?

Thanks!

I'm not even going to consider making a mod of another builders table and releasing it BUT I will tell you how to make the upper PF lights work and make it as simple as possible.

First you need to add the flashers:

- Upload the below flasher images

- in the lower left hand side click on the "Flasher"icon.  Then click on the table.  This will place a flasher on the board.

- On the right hand side make sure that "visible"is checked as well as ""addaptive alpha blend"is checked.  The rest you can leave alone.

- assign a flasher image to the flasher (it's one of the ones you uploaded at the start of this).  Match the color to the insert.

- Now name the flasher for the first light you are working on (light 68 would be F68, light 121 would be F121, etc...)

-  Line the flasher up to be one or two units higher than the mini playfield's playfield.  In this case they should be 147.5 units of height.

- (the hardest part which is trial and error.  Line up the flasher light with the insert on the miniPF.  Since the MiniPF is a primative you'll just have to put it as close as possible and them move it as you test the game (start a game).  Be sure to save it once you get it to where you are happy.  *** by not adding the scripting in yet the light will stay on lit solid.  This makes lining things up easier.

- Save the table.  I like to save it as a new version incase something gets coruputed.  This way you can start with the last good table vs having to start from scratch.  It happens more than you would like to think).  For instance I may do something like Family Guy 1.01.  Next save is Family Guy 1.02 and the next is Family Guy 1.03, etc..

- Repeat this process until you have all your lights on the PF.

- You should now have all the lights on the table but they just aren't working.  Time to add the script.  I'll post it for you so don't worry.

- Simply replace this:

Sub FlasherTimer_Timer()

Flash 191, F31

Flash 192, F32

Flash 193, F23

Flash 195, F25

Flash 196, F26

Flash 197, F27

Flash 198, F28

Flash 199, F29

End Sub

With this:

Sub FlasherTimer_Timer()

Flash 68, F68

Flash 81, F81

Flash 82, F82

Flash 83, F83

Flash 84, F84

Flash 89, F89

Flash 90, F90

Flash 91, F91

Flash 92, F92

Flash 97, F97

Flash 98, F98

Flash 99, F99

Flash 100, F100

Flash 105, F105

Flash 106, F106

Flash 107, F107

Flash 108, F108

Flash 114, F114

Flash 121, F121

Flash 122, F122

Flash 123, F123

Flash 124, F124

Flash 125, F125

Flash 191, F31

Flash 192, F32

Flash 193, F23

Flash 195, F25

Flash 196, F26

Flash 197, F27

Flash 198, F28

Flash 199, F29

End Sub

- Save the table again and now start up a game.  Your mini playfield lights should be working now.

Hope this helps some get this working but I also hope it can also get some people more comfortable with the idea of modding their own tables.

*** there are several ways to do this.  This is just one way so I am not claiming it to be the best.  I just thought this would be the easiest way to explain it for a DIYer.***

Here is the light layout -

1430246682.jpg

You can use this image for your orange flashers:

1430247577.png

You can use this as your yellow:

1430247672.png

You can use this as your white light.

1430247709.png

Archived