Wip - Groni Pinball - Stern - Family Guy

Gronimod

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else try to get the Shrek rom to work with Groni's FG beta table? No luck so far, but will try getting it going later today! Here's hoping Angrim can get DOF working with this awesome table :)

FYI: There is a local pinhead selling his minty FG, I was on the fence, but after playing the VP version... SOLD. if the wife would go on week long business trip I would of already snuck it in the basement :) He is selling it for $4800CAN or $3700US. He will ship only via NAVL to the US\CAN and pics can be seen here of the PIN -> http://www.pinballowners.com/gms

Paulo, my Rom from Sternwebsite works, rename the .bin to shr_141 and zip to shr_141.zip,

and of course edit the name in Script ...

You or anyone will redesign a Table to Shrek ? This would be very nice ... is it true, there are only other "Images",

and yes, other Models ?

( -> there is a Playfield from Shrek on VPF )

Groni, it looks like you released 2 Tables ;-), thanks again !

Btw. for me, 1200ag Rom works!

Thank you very much for the beta table. If I downloaded the table.exe my Norton Securtity reports a virus in the File.

Family Goy....exe is not save. Virus Suspicious.Cloud.9 was found.

Please help

regards

coolball

make sure you only click on this link (see pic)... you might get a few other windows pop up... just close those and wait to see the "Family-Guy_BETA_VP991.rar" in your downloads... if any other file starts downloading cancel it or delete it

16678845819_905e5fdb84_z.jpg

Thanks for this - really is a great table.  Seem to be having a bit of a hassle with the centre post, I am going to look at the settings in the eprom.   Seems to be up SO long.  I just disabled it last night to test the table and it looks great.

OKAY - SCHOOL BOY VP QUESTION!  How do I make the table 'steeper' playability wise, ie - like jacking up the back legs on a real pinball.   JUST on this game, not a 'global' setting.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks for this - really is a great table.  Seem to be having a bit of a hassle with the centre post, I am going to look at the settings in the eprom.   Seems to be up SO long.  I just disabled it last night to test the table and it looks great.

OKAY - SCHOOL BOY VP QUESTION!  How do I make the table 'steeper' playability wise, ie - like jacking up the back legs on a real pinball.   JUST on this game, not a 'global' setting.

Any help appreciated.

post-3832-0-74105800-1426804685_thumb.jpg

Any help appreciated.

So - is there an explanation to go along with this pic? or do we have to figure out which setting to adjust for ourselves??

• Content Provider

hmmm the fs view is too deep, too much black areas on the sides of the pin, can it be stretched without a problem?

This deep view is just for people without cab, like me, that play on their monitor. But you can stretch it in the Background settings. Maybe some Objects need corrections then.

Exactly, for this "Family Guy" Table, you dont Need the shr_141.zip, you Need a fg_1200xx.zip,
download from Stern Website the "Family Guy" GameCode ... http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code

Choose "Family Guy" at the right List, take the "English-German" ... unzip it and take the one .bin File,

rename it to "fg_1200ag.bin", zip it to "fg_1200ag.zip", put it in your ROM Folder.

Open the Table, open Script and search Line 56, where is cGameName and edit the Romname to "fg_1200ag"

Have Fun.

If you want to "simulate" the Shrek Table with the Family Guy Table and the Shrek ROM, then you Need the shr_141.zip for the same Table!

Then download from Stern the Shrek Gamecode, take the .bin, rename to shr_141.bin, zip to shr_141.zip -> Rom Folder.

Then copy your FG Table, rename to "Shrek or whatever", open it, open Script and again, on Line 56 at cGamename edit to "shr_141",

and ... have Fun with a Shrek Table (DMD 100% ok, but ...) and "Family Guy Playfield" ;-)

Thanks very much for this Groni  :) , could someone post a Newbie guide to get this working for me? as Im having trouble renaming the rom & unzipping & then zipping it again & do I have to change the rom in the script to shr_141? 

Thanks in advance

Instead of unzipping the file,  Open up the file in the zip program keep clicking on the folder to you get to the bin file rename it close the program and rename the zip.

Archived