Wip - Groni Pinball - Stern - Family Guy

Gronimod

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

whatever arm change means :) I tested 11 and 12, and I didn´t noticed any delay. I will make a long playtest this evening with walls on the outlane and middle to have a long gameplay. I will report if an Delay happens.

• Content Provider

I played now about 20 min. You can see the better sync now on the "Ipecac Contest" On 1.96 the animation of the vomit wasn´t sync with the vomit sound. Now it´s nicley sync. Maybe if there is some room, it could be slightly faster. But if not it´s very good like it is

now. And also after 20 minutes everything else is still nicley synced

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

No news at the moment, since I am really busy with other stuff and also private things to do. I spended some time on it yesterday, but only scripting things and some details. I think I will have a bit time today and at the weekend. Let´s see how far it gets ;)

This looks great.   I have a fairly pristine real FG table.   I can't tell too much from the gameplay video, but if you're looking to make it as accurate as possible, here's a few details about how a real table plays vs. the existing virtual recreations I've tried:

1) If the ball is resting on the ball saver on the left side and you flip, it should shoot straight up the Lois ramp.  

2) If the ball is resting on the ball saver right side and you flip, it should hit Chris. 

3) The Evil Monkey drop target has very little weight to it.   When it's down, you shoot through it to the ramp behind it (kind of like a spinner), the ball shouldn't deflect off of it like a wall.  

I never realized how bad the timing was for the SAM emulation until I tried FG.   There are huge delays that shouldn't be there, for example, when the bonuses are being tallied up.    I tinkered around with an updated ARM core but it didn't change things too much in that respect unfortunately. 

This looks great.   I have a fairly pristine real FG table.   I can't tell too much from the gameplay video, but if you're looking to make it as accurate as possible, here's a few details about how a real table plays vs. the existing virtual recreations I've tried:

1) If the ball is resting on the ball saver on the left side and you flip, it should shoot straight up the Lois ramp.  

2) If the ball is resting on the ball saver right side and you flip, it should hit Chris. 

3) The Evil Monkey drop target has very little weight to it.   When it's down, you shoot through it to the ramp behind it (kind of like a spinner), the ball shouldn't deflect off of it like a wall.  

I never realized how bad the timing was for the SAM emulation until I tried FG.   There are huge delays that shouldn't be there, for example, when the bonuses are being tallied up.    I tinkered around with an updated ARM core but it didn't change things too much in that respect unfortunately. 

You talking about the one out for future pin? Was this release already for VP? If this is the future pin table of FG your talking about then yes the roms are different, It is not the sam system. Future pin in my opinion doesn't come close to VP, Looks great but lack in physics.

• Administrators

andros, on 22 Nov 2014 - 09:57 AM, said:

is something new on this table?

Gronimod, on 14 Nov 2014 - 05:43 AM, said:
No news at the moment, since I am really busy with other stuff and also private things to do. I spended some time on it yesterday, but only scripting things and some details. I think I will have a bit time today and at the weekend. Let´s see how far it gets ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived