Wip - Groni Pinball - Stern - Family Guy

Gronimod

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Groni - I have the following FG roms.  Just let me know what you want/need. Looks like fg_1200al is the most recent. I'd assume thats the one that you are using?

post-2-0-22007000-1411746742_thumb.png

Just saw your post.

Here is 10 and 11

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2959020/fg_1000al.zip

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2959020/fg_1100al.zip

• Content Provider

Now I am happy! So I can continue the table :) Things like that driving me crazy :) But all good at the end. Only question left, is how to publish the rom when the table is released? And about the changelog, I think there will be no dramatical changes (hopefully) :)

• Administrators

Now I am happy! So I can continue the table :) Things like that driving me crazy :) But all good at the end. Only question left, is how to publish the rom when the table is released? And about the changelog, I think there will be no dramatical changes (hopefully) :)

We will figure something out. You just continue doing what you do and I'll figure something out with the rom when time comes.

• Content Provider

BTW... Found the changelog, included in the 12.00 Rom zip... Like I hoped..nothing dramtatic :)

V 12.0 - 29-Jan-2008
====================

Family Guy Changes
-----------

- fixed spelling of plural "hero"
- Added ticket dispenser test.  Jammed tickets are now reported in tech alert.
- Coil drives used for ticket dispenser operation (AUX 1-3, coils #33-35) can no longer be activated in coil test.

System Changes
-----------

- Changed the file name for USB backup.  The file name now included the spoken languages present in the game image.
  The formatting of the version number has also changed to be a bit more readable.
- Changed the tab order of the RichEdit control and the single line input text box.
- fixed a problem where the checksum(s) in the checksum table could vary from build to build).
- Changed greece pricing from EURO 6 to EURO 8.  Short month names in certain languages were too long.
- Fixed problems with U.K and Spain tournament prize pool messages.
- Changed the wording of the 'INSUFFICIENT SPACE' message for USB backup.  Updated revision comments.
- The USB backup test now checks the free space on a USB memory stick and refuses to save the game image to the stick
  if there is insufficient space to do so.
- Ticket dispenser API changed so that tickets can be dispensed without clicking the meter.
- Cleaned up "OK" and "Cancel" slowness.  Added debug message boxes.
- Changed Spain factory default pricing to Euro8.
- Added new artwork for ticket dispenser test.
- Cleaned up flipper ball search and test mode entry/exit API.
- Fixed a problem with changing the dip switches.  When the dip switches were changed and the game was rebooted, the
  system would not install the proper adjustment override values associated with the new dip switch settings.
- Added tournament settings for Spain.
- Added tournament settings for UK
- changed french text in www.stern.pinball attract mode screen to fit on display
- Fixed a problem with ball search.  If a request was made to put off ball search for a smaller amount of time than a
  larger value that was already timing down, then the smaller amount of time would overwrite the larger amount of time,
  which would often result in ball search occurring when it should not.
- Fixed a problem with font rendering.  If the font character information happened to be in a different flash memory bank
  than the font character image data, then the characters would be rendered incorrectly
- Added 3x7 outline font.
- Added 5x7 outline font.
- Added the 9x12 outline font.
- added missing translated text
- Shortened the tilt sound, as there was a lot of dead space at the end of the sound.
- Changed the size of the space character for the 5x5 outline font.  It was too small.
- Added a 5x5 outline font.
- Fixed a problem with the '1' (one) character in the 7x10 outline font.  The character was not the same width as the rest
  of the numeric characters.
- Fixed the 'custom' tournament setup such that it is possible to set up a high score tournament with only 1 prize.
  Bump 'N' Win tournaments are still a minimum of 2 prizes (one for the high score, and one for a single position in
  the Bump 'N' Win table).
- Added a 'coin_door' module to the core system.
- Added 'BALL_SAVE_OTHER_OUTLANE' such that expedited ball saves can be handled via outlanes that are neither left outlanes nor right outlanes.
- The background lamp effect for "get balls into play" was not being killed when the "balls into play" request finished.
- Changed Norway 2 pricing; added Norway 3 pricing.  Added pricing messages to the pinball pricing table.
- Added a way to get at the fractional portion of the credits.
- Fixed some misspellings in Spanish (RESET GRAND CHAMPION and RESET FACTORY SETTINGS).
- High score to date now times out if it appears that the player is not doing anything to enter their initials.
  Added an icon for ticket dispenser test.
- Fixed a misspelling for the Italian 'CYCLING COILS' test.
- The attract mode display effect for custom message was not auto-sizing the fonts.  This would cause long messages
  to be rendered (clipped) off the screen.

• Content Provider

I really want to learn how to make clear ramps like that.  I've started trying to use the process of making them in FP and then exporting them to blender and importing it to VP but you lose the lip.  Really makes tables look much better with a nice clear and seamless ramp.

• Content Provider

Clear Ramps are a pain to make..This always something I´m afraid of :) The modeling itself is quick, if you have done enough of them, but the texturing is a real challenge and always switching between photoshop and VP...Edit..Test..Edit...Test..up to a hundret times. Still not happy with it now, but I always do the last

corrections when the table assembly is finished.

Archived