Wip - Groni Pinball - Stern - Family Guy

Gronimod

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

hi groni, thanks for the update. sorry to hear about your bad times.

i am trying to play the beta 5 version FROM POST #447. it is asking for sam 3.43 or higher.

i have Sam vbs, but not sure of the version. how do i find the version, or where can i get the 3.43 or higher?

also, which vp do i use for this beta5 vp9.90? pm5? 9.21?  thanks/sparky

Sparky

I believe that's looking for the newer version of the core.vbs
In order to get the newer version you need to download the the standalone VP-10 and install it where your other items are and overwrite what is in there, it is backwards compatible.... It's also a good idea to back up your other items before overwriting them...

VP-10

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11572

How to

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=30784&page=86#entry318610
As far as the Family Guy I downloaded the one from this post doesn't seem to work right but the one that's on this site the beta version seems to work..

I'm also pretty sure they're both vp-9.90 or 9.91

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/3214-family-guy-beta-version-groni-pinball-vp991/

thanks, i got it working now without the error. hopefully everything really is backwards compatible.

i saved everything just in case.

luckily i had the table version that you linked to, i guess ill work with that for now.thanks/sparky

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I've been running this table a lot lately to test updates to VPM.    I have to say, even with the "old" VP physics, it plays damn close to my real FG machine.    The mini-pinball is DEAD on accurate.    Super impressive work, Groni!    

It'd be great if someone refreshed it to make the mini-pinball lights work and/or make it VPX like the amazing Shrek mod.  

The only thing that's unrealistic is the Evil Monkey "hanger" target.    It's a lightweight metal flap that gets held in place by a magnet.   If it's down, the ball should hit it, but proceed up the ramp.   It shouldn't bounce off of it like a wall.  

On 10/9/2016 at 0:56 PM, DJRobX said:

I've been running this table a lot lately to test updates to VPM.    I have to say, even with the "old" VP physics, it plays damn close to my real FG machine.    The mini-pinball is DEAD on accurate.    Super impressive work, Groni!    

It'd be great if someone refreshed it to make the mini-pinball lights work and/or make it VPX like the amazing Shrek mod.  

The only thing that's unrealistic is the Evil Monkey "hanger" target.    It's a lightweight metal flap that gets held in place by a magnet.   If it's down, the ball should hit it, but proceed up the ramp.   It shouldn't bounce off of it like a wall.  

i played the pm5 version, but had too many glitches in it and felt it was unplayable.  so just normal 9.9. is great, however there is a patch to add the mini pinball lights.  if thats what your talking about. vpupatcher and the update, and the lights and center stop work great.  

• 1 year later...

I know I'm about 18 months behind here, but, as DJRobX suggested, I've updated the VP9 table to have the mini-playfield lights and it's working well. Should I upload the table or would it be a bit too dated now?

Nursie.

Archived