Wip - Groni Pinball - Stern - Family Guy

Gronimod

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks 85vett, I figured it out now last night and put in all the lights and it works like a charm. Is there a red flasher I could use for F68? If not it's not a big deal. At least now the game feels more complete. I guess I learned something in VP. Thanks!!

• Content Provider

Hello.

I'm modding this table. I'm converting to Shrek...

I made some redraws:

Here the plastics

2nbed7a.png

29kugci.png

and the apron

w145kp.png

I sent a pm to Groni a while ago, waiting for his permission...

Hello.

I made some redraws:

Here the plastics

2nbed7a.png

29kugci.png

and the apron

w145kp.png

Very cool, Shreks a Great table,, Cannot wait :). Family guy plays great, This will be sweet to have both.

Glad to see the instructions were reasonably easy to follow.  Hopefully, it will convince some that table building can be done and we will see some new builders emerge.

If thats an offer for more help and tutorials IM IN!!   :D Especially VP10!

Hello.

I made some redraws:

Here the plastics

2nbed7a.png

29kugci.png

and the apron

w145kp.png

That's cool if you replace the Fg images with these you get Shrek plastics and apron. Playing around with the pf, I can't seem to get the size to match fg's build. Can't seem to change it either with Gimp. I wish I knew more about this, but I'm learning a little how Groni built the table. It should be simple to build once we get the right images sized to match.

• Content Provider

Hello all,

I too converted the table the Shrek.  I also got permission from comicalman (Thank you!!!) to use his resources from his FP Shrek Table.Ninuzzu's plastic redraws look quite good.  I may need to compare them.  The only issues I ran into converting the table is 1.) for some reason the sound effects for hitting the captive ball no longer work, which I can't understand why as I didn't modify that script or the triggers at all. 2.) I adjusted the pivot point of donkey so that I thought he should rotate about his center just as Stewie does when he turns to face the mini pinball, but the pivot point is apparently is still slightly off so he doesn't quite rotate correctly 3.) some of the playfield insert lights are not quite centered.  I'm trying to adjust the Shrek PF to match FG's playfield so that they will line up correctly(via scewing, perspective, scaling, rotating, etC), but so far, not quite there.  The table is locked down and I can't figure out how to delete or adjust elements...otherwise I would just move the lights to match the Shrek PF.

I also requested permission from Groni but so far, no response.

Both videos can be made using pinball X when you have the game installed and working.

On the original family guy its just a lighted backglass if my memory serves me correctly with no 'flashers' so if you are staying true to the original - you dont need a video.

EDIT - SORRY PINBALL X JUST GRABS SCREENS AND NOT VIDEO.  MY MISTAKE.

Does anyone have media (Table video, Backglass video) for the fg table please ?

• Content Provider

Hello all,

I too converted the table the Shrek.  I also got permission from comicalman (Thank you!!!) to use his resources from his FP Shrek Table.Ninuzzu's plastic redraws look quite good.  I may need to compare them.  The only issues I ran into converting the table is 1.) for some reason the sound effects for hitting the captive ball no longer work, which I can't understand why as I didn't modify that script or the triggers at all. 2.) I adjusted the pivot point of donkey so that I thought he should rotate about his center just as Stewie does when he turns to face the mini pinball, but the pivot point is apparently is still slightly off so he doesn't quite rotate correctly 3.) some of the playfield insert lights are not quite centered.  I'm trying to adjust the Shrek PF to match FG's playfield so that they will line up correctly(via scewing, perspective, scaling, rotating, etC), but so far, not quite there.  The table is locked down and I can't figure out how to delete or adjust elements...otherwise I would just move the lights to match the Shrek PF.

I also requested permission from Groni but so far, no response.

I also made this table shrek but PhysMod5  :D

• Content Provider
  I'm trying to adjust the Shrek PF to match FG's playfield so that they will line up correctly(via scewing, perspective, scaling, rotating, etC), but so far, not quite there.  The table is locked down and I can't figure out how to delete or adjust elements...otherwise I would just move the lights to match the Shrek PF.

You can move elements (light inserts too) or export-import .obj. But you can't copy or delete, because master Groni locked the table with a password.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe the developers are waiting for Groni to approve their MODs to FG aka Shrek before they can officially release it to the members of this site. These guys have a strict code of conduct they follow with each other, just like Ninjas and the Mafia  :)

Groni if your reading this, can you please reply to the several email's \ PM's sent to you by these modders and approve their work? Beers await you :)

Archived