Wip - Groni Pinball - Stern - Family Guy

Gronimod

• Content Provider

Hey Guys!

Maybe I release a Beta of the FG Table, so you can enjoy it in the actual state.

Best Regards

Groni

Thanks Groni for dropping in with a quick status and update.  I think a lot of us were really looking forward to FG and enjoyed following your WIP updates with how amazingly and quickly at the time the table had progressed to looking essentially complete.  I love attention to detail and you seem to be up there amongst the more detailed authors.

Your offer to maybe release a Beta is exciting and extremely welcome to hear. I think the majority of us would be very gracious for the chance to check it out in it's current form. 

Again with your attention to detail, your beta level might be someone else's version 1.1 ;)

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally - I would be more than happy to send table builder 'beer funds' on here, I pay for 'The Pinball Arcade' games on my iPhone - so I would not bat an eyelid if any game writers asked for some funds to help make further tables....

However - I would rather not pay anything upfront.  Would be glad to do it on release of the game. 

Stick up your table as a Beta Groini - I will be more than happy to send you a few dollars!

• Content Provider

The fact I pointed out that my license expired, was just to let you know that i dont can use it at the Moment. I dont ask for any money for it. As for the balrog donation fund the donations were voluntary and this project will be finished when Time and my license are there. My Tables always need Time cause i love quality and not that low quality rush Tables!!!

• Content Provider

You'll never release the table, just go away.

I'm glad someone else pointed it out first so I don't feel bad for saying you've burned your bridges here.

First by talking shit about 85vett who has done more for us than you have, with none of the holier than thou crap you pull. Then for taking money from people who wanted to see you recreate a table. Now 6 months later you have nothing but more of the same old shit, release or don't, but get the fuck off it. Give people their donations back and go away for good.

Someone will make Family Guy again, someone will make another LOTR, another POTC, and they'll do it because they want to and not out of the smugness of their heart. You'll never release because it will never live up to the standards you seem to think you'll meet. It will play no better than a table I can come up with in 2 weeks. We all use the same tools. Stay humble.

• Content Provider

speak for yourself fren, what i used to make was special :P

and i didn't need people to smell my farts and say they smell like roses to do them.

- I offered to send gronni a redraw of fg mini playfield. i didnt get his msg as i was busy with work.

- I logged in to upload it and seen in my mailbox a dirty message from gronni saying how important his time was and he cant wait for me to get off my ass.

I run a huge slot machine install company with 50 workers under me that i have to manage everyday. so i'm betting my time is just as important and i will worry about work then rushing to upload a file for a guy in germany who thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread.

• Content Provider

Oh p1 I'm sure he was just hacked again

Let me craft his response, oh how very helpful here it is, sorry for usurping your apology, gronni

So for all you that did not know. I was a victim of a very bad and ugly hacker attack. That hackers seemed like they spying on me,

to learn my daily activities on the net. They hacked two of my Email Accounts, hacked (at least tried to) my Amazon account, and 
logged on here on V̶P̶F̶VPU and wrote some dirty emails, which I know from N̶o̶a̶h̶ oooPLAYER1ooo.
I came home from a long and thirsty :)  Birthday, and tried to log on to V̶P̶F̶VPU. The System telled me, that I have no permission to
view the Board. Thats where it all began... I wrote to P̶a̶u̶l̶oooPLAYER1ooo to check it, and then he tells me the whole DIRTY Story.
I know I could not proof that It wasn´t me that wrote all the things to Paul, but at least I knew It wasn´t me, so I had to convince 
P̶a̶u̶l̶oooPLAYER1ooo, that all have been a very dirty and rude attack from a hacker.
They wrote like me, and they act like me. Very scary Stuff!! I thought something like this would never happen to a PC Pro like me.
But It did!

To all of you who still not believe that, I can only say, that I wish no one will ever be in that situation!
Kinda Scary how silent and invisible hackers can smooth around on a system without knowing that there is somebody.

Sorry to all that has been involved in that crazy happening! I´m part of the reason that Thread was started.
I really feel sorry about that!!!

Sincerly 

GRONI 

(yes, this is an actual thing that gronni wrote previously on VPF to Noah)

• Content Provider

You'll never release the table, just go away.

I'm glad someone else pointed it out first so I don't feel bad for saying you've burned your bridges here.

First by talking shit about 85vett who has done more for us than you have, with none of the holier than thou crap you pull. Then for taking money from people who wanted to see you recreate a table. Now 6 months later you have nothing but more of the same old shit, release or don't, but get the fuck off it. Give people their donations back and go away for good.

Someone will make Family Guy again, someone will make another LOTR, another POTC, and they'll do it because they want to and not out of the smugness of their heart. You'll never release because it will never live up to the standards you seem to think you'll meet. It will play no better than a table I can come up with in 2 weeks. We all use the same tools. Stay humble.

Well Fren, I don´t know exactly what´s your problem with me?? I talked shit about 85vett?? Just because I told him that my standards are different? It´s obviously that his POTC is visualy far away from the original table, so I could not use material he offers me to use for that table. There is no doubt about that he does alot for the community! I very respect that and I really love his Big Buck Hunter. The only table from him that I don´t like is POTC, that´s why I started recreating it!

Ok and about my LOTR project from VPF...I do love LOTR and I was never happy with my releases of it. So since 3D is possible in VP I saw a complete new way to do tables. So I thought about having original parts scanned to 3d to improve quality instead of 2D animations.

So I had started the 3D Scan Fund project. I say it again, this project will be finished cause it´s my BABY and I really want to make it for the community!!

And now I tell you something that I did not want to tell, since I keep my real life private normaly and speak not about private problems....

I had a good job that I loved. I have 2 Kids and a loveley wife that supports me in every single thing I do! And when you think everything is perfect and it could not be better, something happens that throws you right out the reeling...On a normal visit at my doctor for a check up, a 6 cm tumour was found on my thyroid that was pressing on my voicebox and aorta. Within 2 weeks after that I lost my voice cause of that tumour. So I came into hospital and the tumour was removed with the complete thyroid. After 2 weeks I started voice training to get back my voice which tooked about 2 month, and it´s still nowhere like before..I lost my job cause of this, since my voice is my pay cause I am a trader! Can you even imagine what it feels like when you enjoy life, having a nice job you love, enjoy doing hobby´s with full support of your wife that steals hundrets of hours and then something like this crosses your way??!! It knocks you down right to the floor and you think you can not stand up again!! 

Now I have a new job, my voice is "almost back", and I work 10 hours a day to get back the money I lost...So maybe now you can understand what is the reason I didn´t had time and of course no motivation to continue my work on VP!!

• Content Provider

WTF guys.... I leave for a week on vacation and this place turns into VPF.  

attachicon.gifv8ccqht.jpg

Sorry Dazz.  I'll apologize in person next week and explain myself better.

Gron - Sorry about your health concerns and I'm truly happy that you are back on your feet.  And yes, you kind of did insult all/most of the other builders (maybe without intent) by the comment of basically saying ours are low quality rush tables.  Some tables are better than others but I still think the community would rather play a table that has a few graphic imperfections than not to get to play at all which I think is proven by the loads of "beta tester" request you are getting on this table alone. I can respect that some people aren't OK with releasing something that isn't perfect but where my concern came from is when the community is being asked to front the bill on that perfection.  That's what concerned me and sparked my comments.

• Content Provider

Sorry Vett, I think you are right. I should have watched it from the user playing side. I guess I was a little overhyped by the fact that VP is able to use 3D now and so I thought I can create a new quality standard. In some ways maybe, but

at least it´s a VP Table..So Players/users can be happy to have people like you doing the SAM tables. And with "Rushing Tables" I do not mean you. There are many of them on VPF.  

Well, Rushing is subjective right? I mean, I don't think its the same comparing a converted from vp8 table to a from scratch build that probably is done to the best of the authors ability. Some may think one authors "from scratch" build is better than another's "from scratch" VP table, but I doubt it means anything was rushed. I think I get what you mean though.

Anyway, glad it's happy time again.

dazz: vacations are evil, don't you know that? :)

• Content Provider

You should think about your way you are talking to people "like me" dear Fren. You don´t know the background and you don´t now a s*** about me and my life. All you do is snipering around here

looking for people you can attack with ironic and bad comments. Maybe you should try to concentrate on the tables you have done and maybe try to finish another one instead of pissing me

and alot of other people off! 

• Content Provider

Who else have I pissed off?

You came to this site and the first thing you did was attacked the authors who have been contributing here, directly and indirectly. I don't think you'll have many defenders. Maybe on VPF but your history is littered with this kind of crap.

People "like you" - is that "like you" the self righteous authors who created tables 5 years ago (that happened to be the most popular tables on ipdb) that everyone downloaded, that think they have a right to be an asshole to people and get away with it? Because you're the only one. 

Release your tables and prove me wrong. Release your beta like you offered. Do something to redeem yourself, because you've done nothing positive since coming back.

Sorry Dazz, not doing this intentionally but someone needs to defend the authors you have here. This should have been done way back when he started this in the POTC thread.

• Content Provider

Who else have I pissed off?

You came to this site and the first thing you did was attacked the authors who have been contributing here, directly and indirectly. I don't think you'll have many defenders. Maybe on VPF but your history is littered with this kind of crap.

People "like you" - is that "like you" the self righteous authors who created tables 5 years ago (that happened to be the most popular tables on ipdb) that everyone downloaded, that think they have a right to be an asshole to people and get away with it? Because you're the only one. 

Release your tables and prove me wrong. Release your beta like you offered. Do something to redeem yourself, because you've done nothing positive since coming back.

Sorry Dazz, not doing this intentionally but someone needs to defend the authors you have here. This should have been done way back when he started this in the POTC thread.

What exactly have you done for the community?? maybe did 10 tables at all with more or less low quality and try to be a priest here?? I don´t attack other authors! I choosed some rough word to Vett...Ok....But I told him I am sorry. I just have another mind creating tables. I love his work and like I said, POTC is the only table I don´t like. So who else did I attack? You? Yes, cause you deserve it. You think hiding behind a Jackie Chan Picture makes you somekind of a fighter? Just relax, grab another VPM Table and just shut up! 

• Content Provider

What exactly have you done for the community?? maybe did 10 tables at all with more or less low quality and try to be a priest here?? I don´t attack other authors! I choosed some rough word to Vett...Ok....But I told him I am sorry. I just have another mind creating tables. I love his work and like I said, POTC is the only table I don´t like. So who else did I attack? You? Yes, cause you deserve it. You think hiding behind a Chackie Chan Picture makes you somekind of a fighter? Just relax, grab another VPM Table and just shut up! 

I'm happy with your response, now everyone can see you exactly the way other authors have seen you since day one.

Mens, sorry, can you all take 1 Beer and relax (?), Fren by all my respect to you as a nice and great Author, but you use very hard words too, here

Sorry, gronny, for my Word before, i will take it back, i also thought, the Tables we will never see, but i believe to your words.

Wish you the Best, for you and your later Releases ;-)

• Content Provider

I respect every author with exept of you Jackie.

Oh by the way is this what makes you think you should do the Jackie Chan for all other authors and defend their rights?

Quote from my POTC Thread...

Sorry to say that, but this table was the reason for me to start a new one. Nothing is really highres on that table. Most FS Tables including this one is totaly out of shape. I already played it, and it´s more of a JP Conversion and (sorry) wrong in most parts. None of the new SAM releases 

give me the feeling of playing a newer Stern table. Well maybe mine doesn´t too for you, but at least for me I have my favorite SAM Table in a HD Quality. Remember that my screenshot is reduced and doesn´t show the real quality.

I always do tables completeley from scratch. The Playfield is vectorized and have a original Resolution 8192 Pixels. For VP it´s has been downsampled to 2048px

I have  the complete plasticset also in HQ. 

After all these years doing my Megapin Tables, I enjoy doing all that stuff in 3d.

So what did I say there?? That no SAM Table give me the feeling of playing a real SAM Table, cause there is simply a lack of ressources! And also is just my personal thought about it. That it´s wrong in every part? Ok that was maybe

hard like I said it, but basicly it´s the true when you compare it to the real one. But also this was no attack! What I basicly wanted to say was, that cause of lack of ressources, it´s very hard to do a SAM table precise in every part!! 

The only thing I said here that was my error was the shape of the table. I saw alot Pincab´s out there and also saw Vett´s POTC on there, and there it just looked right. So it was a thing that happens on my monitor that makes it out of shape!

So tell me again! Did I attack someone? Did I say "Your work is shit" ?? That would be an attack. But exuse me when I tell my mind (just like you do Jackie). Once again, it was a little hard I admit, but also I said sorry and at least it was just my mind about one table!

And you blame me for that? 

• Content Provider

Lifts head above parapet.

"No beta yet then"

Lowers head back down.

Oh don´t worry, at the weekend I will do some changes to the table, that makes it playable on VP 9.9.1. Without PM5 for now, but basicly full playable!

So you will all have the Table at the weekend! Promise!

Oh don´t worry, at the weekend I will do some changes to the table, that makes it playable on VP 9.9.1. Without PM5 for now, but basicly full playable!

So you will all have the Table at the weekend! Promise!

Awesome!! THANK YOU!!!

Archived