Wip - Groni Pinball - Stern - Family Guy

Gronimod

I have just looked at Groni's profile, he has not been active on here for over a month now.  He did say that he was busy with real life things so I guess we have to wait for him to return to the community. 

Really looking forward to this one being finished - but we will have to wait.

At the moment - Metallica and Fanily Guy are two tables that I am awaiting release dates, but we can not forget the programmers and builders do this for free so they have to fit VP into RL (real life).

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I think Groni was talking about doing Shrek too since it's the same table just re-themed.

Its graphics, models and the rom that differ - nothing else if I recall.  But instead of giving him more work, lets see if he returns with Family Guy (I am sure he will) - but if the guy is busy. he is busy. 

Perhaps Groini will let someone convert/mod his FG when it is out to 'Shrek'?   In no way am I putting myself forward as I do not have a clue.

Yeah, This was one of the main reasons I built a Virtual cab - I really dig this table - of course it was the FP one - which is close but not accurate. When I heard Groni was recreating this in VP I was stoked. I hope his real world issues sort out - so he can gt back to enjoying the Vpin world again!! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Hey Guys!

Don´t worry, it will be all finished. Mainly I have two problems that keep me away from finishing my Tables. First of all is my time. I started a new Job that keep me busy 10 hours a day. So as many 

of you can imagine, this steals lots of free time and also lots of motivation. My second problem is, that since I do my tables completeley in 3D now, I have to work with my 3D Program. My problem is

that the license of the program expired and I don´t have the money to reactivate it at the moment.

So if those two problems are solved, I can continue working. But seriously I don´t know when this is supposed to happen.

Just wanted to let you know. 

Maybe I release a Beta of the FG Table, so you can enjoy it in the actual state.

Best Regards

Groni

Hey Guys!

Don´t worry, it will be all finished. Mainly I have two problems that keep me away from finishing my Tables. First of all is my time. I started a new Job that keep me busy 10 hours a day. So as many 

of you can imagine, this steals lots of free time and also lots of motivation. My second problem is, that since I do my tables completeley in 3D now, I have to work with my 3D Program. My problem is

that the license of the program expired and I don´t have the money to reactivate it at the moment.

So if those two problems are solved, I can continue working. But seriously I don´t know when this is supposed to happen.

Just wanted to let you know. 

Maybe I release a Beta of the FG Table, so you can enjoy it in the actual state.

Best Regards

Groni

Welcome back! Glad that you are still around and working on this table, one of the few tables that are a must have for my cab! Loved the FP version but won't let it touch my cab :)

I think everyone here would love a beta version :)

• Content Provider

I'm sorry to post this but I've gotta get it off my chest as I see some of the LOTR donation conversation creeping in here to.

I think what is happening here is an abuse of the "beer me" logic.  Asking for donations to buy parts to scan and model and then hinting at needing more money to buy software is abusive in my eyes and brings something to the community I don't want to see.  We've seen this with a couple of people in Future Pinball world which wound up burning several people (myself included) for donating to be on VIP list and people never getting the product they donated for.

I know this may sound hypocritical as I benefited from the "beer me" aspect being a builder but I never once asked for donations and that is where I felt the line is being crossed as we are now openly asking people to fund VP builds.

Coming as a builder of tables I find this offensive and it was something I had to get off my chest. 

Admin/Mods - If I'm out of line feel free to remove my post.  I just don't want this site to become cluttered with this type of stuff and the problems that can come from it.  I just think of how pissed people will be when they donate if nothing comes from it and how that will make them feel about the VP community.  If I'm out of line or am the only one that feels this way, I know where the door is and I wont fight being shown to walk through it.

Hmmm... the thought crossed my mind too but... even with the license it's been made clear too that the time is limited so I took that as the focus point.  Like I said, crossed my mind too...  but if we are being honest, the many people offering to beta test the table is pretty close to crossing the line which I understand this site frowns on (don't ask authors to beta test unreleased tables).  Don't crucify me guys, I'd like to beta test this awesome table but I think the point has been made, we are not supposed to ask authors like this.  At least, I don't think so.

At any rate, if that wasn't your intent Groni, cool, take care and enjoy life a bit before work suffocates you :). Glad to hear you seem to have a good job, these are hard to come by!

Archived