Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jaharr01

Directb2S Backglass And Table Not Exiting Pinballx

Question

Hey guys,I have pinballX and it has been working fine.I just set up DOF framework and now the tables don't want to exit out of pinballX.I have searched the web and forums and I can't get a clear answer.It seems like I set up something new and I get 3 or 4 new issues. Dof is great but if I can't properly exit the front end it's not worth it. I read somewhere about about a bat file called killbackglass.exe but I cant figure out how to set it up or where to find it.I would really appreciate it if someone could lead me in the right direction. 

Jay

Hey Arngrim, no they are all direct b2s. What it does exactly is when you load the first table from pinballx its fine. When you exit out of that table to go back to pinballx, the b2s backglass doesn't close, the table minimizes and the back glass stays on..Pinball x maximizes and the b2s backglass still doesn't close. If you try to start another table it will start, but the b2s backglass won't come back up. So then everything starts trying to lock up because you have 2 tables loaded,pinballx, directb2s backglass, and direct output framework and my fast computer starts trying to lock up. So you then have to ctrl-alt-dlt o close out visual pinball and pinballx. To be honest its not a problem outside of pinballx. However it does take about 5 seconds or so to close. So it seems that pinball x is moving to fast and not giving it time to close. Or I need to add a script to speed up VP closing.So that's it in a nutshell.  

Jay

May or may not be relevant, but it's something I do in each table I have, I add (at the bottom so I know if it's there or not).

Sub Table1_Exit   '(Could also be tablename or other)

Controller.Stop

End Sub

can anybody upload me a killbackglass.exe file ? I cant find clear instructions on how to do it. thanks guys for the info. I noticed last night outside of pinballx it took about 20 or 30 seconds for the table to close and go back to the menu.

i don't use it, no need on my side, don't know your problem...

there is a place on gameex forum where they store all the custom script, don't remember where there is

Ok I have tried to find an answer to this problem but I can't get anywhere.Can somebody PLEASE upload me killbackglass.exe or something similar that I can run from pinball x to force the db2s backglass to close in pinballx. I tried to add the above script to a table but it didnt make any difference. PinballX is basically unusable because it wont exit the backglass and hence wont exit the table. I have saw a few web pages about AHK files and autohotkey and FPlaunch but I dont know anything about the program where or how to launch.I know I am a newbie idiot about this, I am Begging PLEASE someone help me with this.All I need is a taskkill.exe for directb2s backglass to force it to close when I exit a table from pinballx. If it matters I'm running windows 8.1.I want to play enjoy my pinball machine not spend hours upon hours trying to find an answer to this.

Jay

Hey randr, I have the nanotech plunger board so it is a joystick key, #6 maybe? . Should I map that button to esc with joy to key? 

okay I tried it with joy2key and esc. It doesn't work the only option is something to kill the process inside pinballx like killbackglass.exe or what ever. it makes it unplayable in pinballx

try with a simple keyboard first to see if the problem is the nanotech or not

I did, it didn't help. What about XML files in pinball x or in the config file for DOF , could tables possibly misnamed cause the issue. if not I will probably have to use a kill process program. The backglasses would all have to be in exe mode for that to work right? can you globally change all backglasses to exe mode or do each individually? Do you also think that it may exit properly if I change from global XML config file to individual XML files?Sorry to ask so many questions but I'm very frustrated.

Jay

No need to use taskkill or killbackglass - this is a configuration issue.  Give us specific of your setup:

What is your exit button assigned to?

Screenshot of your VP Keys configuration

Dump of your C:\PinballX\Config\Pinballx.ini

Give us a specific table and backglass are you using, filenames

Give us the XML entry for that table

Did you look at this forum posting at GameEX forums.

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/14139-guide-how-to-ask-for-help/

Help them help you.  ;)

If you really think you need killbackglass.exe, then you have to make it yourself. Instructions here.

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/14120-pinballx-versus-vp-backglass-servers-and-cabinets/

JitBits Bat-To-Exe here.

https://www.jitbit.com/bat-to-exe/

It looks pretty easy.

A .batch file is just a notepad file that you change the .txt extension to .bat, so you just place those two lines of code in a notepad document and save as .bat.

Well I'm driving but my pinball x exit button is button 6, I have a nanotech board. The exit on vp is 6 as well. When I get home later I will post all of that info.

That could be the problem.  You should setup PinballX Exit button to be button 6 and you will want VP Exit to be something else other than button 6, so you don't have a conflict.

That could be the problem.  You should setup PinballX Exit button to be button 6 and you will want VP Exit to be something else other than button 6, so you don't have a conflict.

I don't have any spare buttons. I have 2 flippers, start, coin, exit, and launch ball. What puzzles me is it worked before I put DOF on there and upgraded to the latest pinballx version, just fine. So should do the directb2s tables need esc to exit. They didn't before. I will check a FP table or download a non b2s table and see how it does, if it exits ok. Also I may try the killbackglass route to see if that works. The problem is with that you have to kill all of VP processes and the secondary vp processes because the back glasses aren't listed in the processes unless they are an exe. but can't you change that? anyway it wouldn't be so bad but the kids want to play and if it isn't set up right they will have it completely jacked up in 5 min.

I tried to change the button assignments it didn't help. Tom Speirs gave me a patch it seemed to help some tables but the EXE tables it doesn't

Ok here is what I found out by trying to work out this problem. The issue is most likely pinballx 1.87. normally when you hit whatever key you have mapped for exit table in pinballx, it closes VP with one key or button without an issue.  Now it doesn't no matter what key I use or if I use my nanotech board. You hit exit, and the table minimizes. Another very recent post had basically the same problem and after several patches it was not resolved either. I don't know if something in the code got messed up on this last build while possibly trying to put in the hold down exit key or what. The only answer I have is to go to a prior build, like 1.85, which didn't have these problems. I should have known better than to update before all the bugs were worked out. 

So it's not a configuration problem most likely because it was reproduced and I have double checked the configuration over and over.If anyone has any Ideas let me know. The only work around I could think of would be to have a bat file to close out VP on exit in between table changes. As I said if any one can help me resolve this I will be truly grateful. Also if anyone has a link to pinballx 1.85 would you give me a link

Jay