Any Elite Em/original Backglass Creators..?

HorsePin

Still stuck on this, tried help over on vpf couple of days ago.

I've even tried with other working backglasses sending the same communication, just doesn't compute, really stuck.

Might add the controller loads up the backglass but anytime I send a command to turn one light on, it goes tits up. I only really want a couple of flashers & the rest of it GI.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mc9khsdzb78geq7/bg.jpg

B2S ID : 40

Value   :

Dim controllertwo
    Set controllertwo=CreateObject("B2S.Server")

Sub Table1_Init
        controllertwo.Run
End Sub

Sub Table1_KeyDown(ByVal keycode)
If keycode = LeftFlipperKey Then
  controllertwo.B2SSetData 40, 1
End If
End Sub

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2gganex7jerqeq2/error.jpg

• Content Provider

Dim Controller
 LoadController
 Sub LoadController()
 Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server")
 Controller.B2SName = "Yourtablename here"  ' *****!!!!This must match the name of your directb2s file!!!!
 Controller.Run()
 End Sub

Sub Table1_Init

Controller.B2ssetdata 40,1

To use a value, You'd do this:

Controller.B2ssetdata 40, ball (or whatever the name of the variable you want is).

Then it will take the value from whatever value the variable of "ball" is.

Cheers, but this is exactly what I am doing. Even though I've just added the name back in, I was under the impression from the manual this is only needed for pinmame.

Must be a problem in the backglass...String errors - Conversion from string

• Content Provider

I thought I remember Herweh saying something about you can't use a "reel's value or variable". But I've gotten weird stuff too like that. I even tried to make a variable and copy the value so I wasn't using the reels variable. The program is very good, but it can be very sensitive sometimes. If you only make rommed games you won't see most of this stuff. Originals and EM's can get funky.

I've never used controllertwo before though.

Well I had changed the controllertwo in case that was the problem but I'm not sure that really matters, it's just a name?

Main controller is P-ROC & this is for backglass , but I had literally thrown this together in a blank table just to try and figure this out for the time being.

I had done this before for an original game, which just ran the backglass(static) but I don't remember ever trying to control a GI/Flasher, so I'd never hit this problem before.

Has to be simple , I just can't see it for now.

Yeah, been through a few times. This is where I got the custom call "Controller.B2ssetdata 40,1" from.

You can run it ok (controller.run) but soon as you make the above call it gives string error and also tried logging this with in built log system. Lamps all the way to 35 are set for pretty much standard EM stuff (gameover, tilt etc.) but anything past that I'm pretty sure you can do what you like with.

Think I had tried to run the "fast draw" too, with same issue.

Even going back more, I knocked up a "Dragon" table with reels and these worked but don't remember doing any lighting. Maybe i'm missing a score display which I don't need but make it invisible.

Right, first off, thanks for help. It kicked me into gear again. It was bound to be something fairly simple but clouded.

The P-Roc stuff runs pretty much off your main C: partition, table will run from here.  While I had some B2S stuff registered here, it would still allow the backglass to run static.

It wasn't until I'd gone and created a new table and moved this into where I normaly keep some tables for use with PinballX it decides to run without converting a string to int error.

From what I can see no files are missing, maybe its a vbs file, I still have to look at that but it's working from there.

Cheers!

• Administrators

sounds like somthin simple missing..but then agian ive been having some issues with the editor myself last couple of weeks since i redid my system...thats about all the help i can give

you on it...not into the ems yet.... thats a whole nother world lol..... one day i will be.... :)

Yeah it's pretty mind boggling. Still no joy to control lamps other than the VP tables directory.

Went through and changed around 30 odd registry entries for the b2s path, clutching at straws pretty much.

And literally 20 seconds after I type that for some reason unknown to man I decided to copy the Physmod.exe over to where my table is C: and it worked, f me! Sweet as.

Well it's working now, the only thing I could really put it down to was running VP on another drive.

While the table, B2S files & directb2s were together on C: , I was running VP on I:.

As soon as made a copy of the VP physmod to reside next to those files on C:, it worked.

Archived