Welcome To The Dof Config Tool

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

new functionality in the configtool

we can now adjust the intensity of the strobes :), by default everybody is at 48, which is 100%, no impact, if you decrease the number, don't forget to save and regenerate the files to have the changes into account ;)

Capture.png

• 2 months later...
  • Content Provider

new functionality in the configtool

Fusion toys in one port

This request was raised a lot of times, and it was not easy to implement, so it eventually became a requirement for implementing the Addressable ledstrips, so i spent quite some time this last month to put it into the Configtool, so the functionality is now ready and available :)

Why would we need this?

well, we will fill the configs for the ledstrips into several toys, and you will have the ability to merge the ones you want to use, like you want to emulate the flashers only to the back panel with ledstrips, or you want ot emulate the strobe as well, and/or some enhanced effects that we will add

But it can be used for other purposes, like

you can use one contactor to have the effects of the slingshot left and flipper left

or merge the outside flasher left and flasher left if you have a 3 flasher config

or i will split the left and right magnasave, and if you don't have both splitted in your cab, you can merge them

or merge the bell and knocker if you don't have both

If you have cool ideas of toys to split in the tool, or tools to merge, let us know your experience :)

How does it work?

There is a new tab in the configtool

208191Combopage.png

There you can define your combos, the toy categories are

Mono                                            : Toy without color, not addressable, loudy feedback (like contactors, knockers...)

Mono Addressable                       : Same but addressable (there are currently no toys like that available)

Mono NoFeedback                      : Toy without color, not addressable, not loudy feedback (like front buttons...)

Mono NoFeedback Addressable : (there are currently no toys like that available)

RGB                                             : like Flashers

RGB Addressable                        :Ledstrips

It is not possible to combine toys from different categories, and currently not possible to use a toy in 2 different combos (that could be changed, let's see the need)

Once you have saved a combo, it will available in the Port Assignment page

881214Capture.png

Don't forget to save, and generate your ini, and let the magic operates :)

Let me know your thoughts, remarks, bugs if ever ;)

• 10 months later...

Hello Arngrim,

I was working on trying to get addressable led patterns for all of my future pinball tables during selection.  I see there was a small discussion about it, was it ever resolved.

Can the xml be edited so the led patterns can be added to new tables? I've switched a few patterns for the working tables, i just can't get new tables to show anything.

• Content Provider

hello,

you mean the crash at exit of pinballx? i heard mjr updated dof r3 beta to not crash, that's all i know

for info there will be an upgrade soon in the configtool to have all the ledstrips config in, with variables like target or drop target, for the flasher and strobe the adressable ledstrip, with configurable variables, al ah at aw ans shp

more info soon ;)

Archived