Will Ipac Ultimate I/o Be Supported

Hello,

I'm in the process of purchasing parts for my pinball cabinet build and when looking for my LED solution I came across the IPAC Ultimate I/O.  This seems like a perfect piece of hardware for a pinball cab as it handles the inputs (48), LEDs/outputs (96) and also has an onboard accelerometer which could be used for nudging.  It's sold by ultimarc - I won't post a link as I'm not sure if links to other sites are allowed.

I couldn't see it mentioned as a supported device and so was wondering if support for this is planned for the future - or is it already supported?.  I didn't want to just buy it and find out that I won't be able to use it fully.

Thanks.

• Content Provider

Hi

At the moment there is no support for the ipac ultimate io in DOF release 1 and release 2 which will be published soon.

I hope to integrate support in a later release, but I dont have the hardware which makes it difficult to implement and test the code.

All the best

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply.  It will be a while before I'm at the stage where I need the hardware so i'll wait and see what happens.   The ultimate i/o does look really good though and seems like a better alternative to having an ipac and pacled64 seperately.

Thanks again

• 2 months later...

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply.  It will be a while before I'm at the stage where I need the hardware so i'll wait and see what happens.   The ultimate i/o does look really good though and seems like a better alternative to having an ipac and pacled64 seperately.

Thanks again

mmmmh with our arduino project you need only 1 arduino for controlls and 32 port LED

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Made a Github fork, a branch, and added support a few days ago. Early days. Right now my UIO is using a renamed DOF Config Tool file based on PacLed64, but it does trigger outputs (RGB-LEDs currently) on the UIO in VP using DOF. Some more testing, and I'll need to get in touch with the developer of DOF, then the Config Tool.

It's happening :)

• 2 months later...

Got the new UltimateIO branch of DOF running, and arngrim added support in DOF Configtool for two Ultimate I/Os. According to Ultimarc we actually have two UIOs running at the same time, but you'll need to get in touch with him for a firmware ID to differentiate them.

I'll be adding downloadable builds here:
https://github.com/rambo3/DirectOutput/tree/ultimateio/DirectOutput/Builds

It is early days still, but the support from Ultimarc and arngrim speeded things up.

Version was forked off djrobx, which was forked off the original January 2nd 2016 version by Tom.

Archived