9.9.0 Physics Settings - Bmpr?

HorsePin

Trying from a blank table here to find some good settings. Out of the box they seem no different to me. Way too powerful on the flippers. Ball is like a ping pong ball, very light.

I suppose it could be worth trying to find the "light tap flippers" script for a start that were used in a few tables before , but has anyone managed to create some nice settings yet?

I don't tend to play any VP table that has no BMPR. These were the best tables by a mile for near accurate physics but were always undocumented and too time consuming to get going.

I can't link from my phone and busy at work but will look into it to I by if no one else has

There is a vp9 with physics mod exe but tables MUST be converted, it's not a drop exe into vp folder solution but... It makes all the difference in the world. There is a thread at vpf that contains 1 or 2 tables to test it. Converting is a matter of adjusting table object settings and global settings, depending in table can take 10 min to 90 min

I did mention to someone earlier I won't be touching the BMPR tables. They are pretty close as it is. Best played with an older version.

Anyone have the ball spinning forward and bouncing on the flipper in held up position?? Was ok with a blank template, only just spotted this.

Which physmod exe version are you using? That happened a lot with the physmod3.exe but was fixed, however because of bugs fixed, some of the ramps don't work as well without adjustments on the current physmod5.exe (I guess some bugs are needed for older tables lol) so because of that, most stick with physmod 2. Its a catch 22, some fixes in physmod5.exe really improve the experience over physmod2.exe.

Confusing huh? At least you have an advantage horsey, if you come across such bugs, you can fix them yourselves due to your knowledge.

Using physmod5. Trouble is, I haven't followed any VP development for a while, I've been more into building Unit3D tables whilst all this has been going on. Trying to catch up in a thread on there is pretty hard work. :)

The rings on the launch wire ramp had to be changed to non-collidable to get the ball into the playfield too, so I guess you're right on some ramps being a bit buggy.

Joe pointed out the physmod2 as well, going to have to try that one. Cheers

Trying from a blank table here to find some good settings. Out of the box they seem no different to me. Way too powerful on the flippers. Ball is like a ping pong ball, very light.

I suppose it could be worth trying to find the "light tap flippers" script for a start that were used in a few tables before , but has anyone managed to create some nice settings yet?

I don't tend to play any VP table that has no BMPR. These were the best tables by a mile for near accurate physics but were always undocumented and too time consuming to get going.

then you are missing out on hundreds of tables!

sorry to hear you being so biased against the older pins

have you even tried any of the newer originals yet? try one it may shock you with the physics

Sorry , but I don't miss out because playing the real tables are far superior. When you play a lot of real games and then step onto old builds with no bmpr they're not very good. It's nothing to do with how old the pin was built , but the version of VP.

I think this JP Robocop is borderline VP8 but has been totally changed now with these settings, the only problem I have is with the Jump/Ramp, but this was a problem even in VP9.

It's easy for YOU to get used to the older VP physics and get caught out with what's real & what's not. Same goes for 90% of FP users, you're happy with it virtually yes , but nothing like real thing.

It's a new dawn for VP now though, tables will take a bit of work to be converted to newer settings, but it's a LOT better than it ever was out of the box. Flippers are MILES better.

Archived