X-Men Ball Stuck Issue, Also Flasher Mod Patch?

Dark

The ball gets stuck half way down the right ramp for me in the X-men table, I can only free it by nudging to the point of a tilt.

Anyone else have this issue and or know of a way I can fix this?

Thanks

Also I'd like to know how to patch dozer's flasher mod for x-men.  I've done model patcher for iron man and bmpr patch for avatar, but they both came as packages with instructions where as dozer's just comes with the .dif files so I'm not sure what to do.

• Content Provider

Check page 8 of the support thread for X-men.  It will advise you on how to correct.  I still don't understand why this happens with some and not others.  If the ramp is not working it shouldn't ever work on any version of VP.  I know that it doesn't have any issues in the DX9 or physmod versions.  Problem seems to only be in 9.2.1.  Try adjusting your alpha ramp accuracy first, then look at changing it's height.  Better yet, just dump 9.2.1 and go with DX9 as it's much better IMHO.  Or take the plunge and do the phsymod version and adjust the table physics for it.

I'm using 9.9.0 and my alpha ramp accuracy is 1 notch above halfway which I find is good quality while still not effecting performance.

I will try what you suggest, thanks for your response.

[edit]: For people with same issue who come across this post first, for your convenience here's the link to the x-men support thread (page 8):

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/1138-x-men-pro-stern-2012-85vett/page-10?hl=%20x-men%20%20support

I quoted/pasted the solution I went with below as well.

Going with 125 "top height" works.

Ah kind of. In the table editor, locate where the ball is getting stuck and click the ramp it is ending on, then click options on the left side and you'll see a option menu come up on the right side of the screen. You'll see two options for height, one is Top Height and the other is Bottom Height, this refers to the start and end position of the ramp. Keep the "bottom height" the same, and adjust the top height to the number he mentioned, 135, then save the table and play your game. In the image I highlighted what I've mentioned. The highlighted value (115) is default for the table, I think 135 may be too high, try 120 first and increment it by 5 until you're not getting stuck.

wDAunFR.jpg

I have some difficulty finding what I'm looking for with this site as it is still very new to me but I did eventually find documentation on 'patching' and what to do for the x-men flasher mod here:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2581-vpu-patching-system-vppatch-32bit-64bit/

Since the flasher mod has more 'layers' and many more "ramps", to make things easier, if you want to edit the flasher mod version to fix ball stuck issue you need to open in editor and turn off "layer 6" and select ramp 143, adjust top height to 125.

Archived