Difficulty With A Few Stern Tables - Help Please.

Dark

Hello and good day,

I'm having some difficulty with a few tables, to name them: POTC and Spiderman.

Now I'd like to mention I have a few Stern tables working already, Tron Legacy, Iron man and Avengers,X-Men, so I know the deal with renaming the roms etc and I follow this procedure with POTC and Spiderman but when I try to load the table I get the message "Machine terminated before initialzed, check rom path or rom file"

I'd also like to get Avatar working but the link for the rom on the stern site isn't currently working which I mention in this thread here:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/1386-stern-game-code-incorrect-linksbroken/

[edit] Okay now I'm seriously irritated, I had the tables I mentioned above all working yesterday, now I boot my cab up today and the only ones working still are Avengers and IronMan...now I'm getting the message "Machine terminated before initialzed, check rom path or rom file" for all of them.  I don't understand what could of happened to cause this?  If I have to reset all my dmd positions again to get this working I'm going to snap.  ><

Maybe it's because I opened Vpinmame set up to 'test' roms?  I notice in the list of roms in the vpinmame testing for tron the rom I was previously using was not listed trn_174 is listed but not trn_174h

[edit/update]: After testing x-men rom through vpinmame it started working again...seeing what I can do about the rest...

[2]: Okay restarting vpinmame set up caused trn_174h to appear again...not sure what was causing these issues.

[3] Okay I think I see a pattern here, after testing the "sman_260" rom (only one available on stern site) I get the error msg, after that I'll get the same error on some other tables until I re-test them through vpinmame.  Do I have the wrong rom maybe despite it being the only one?  POTC I can understand since I can't get the English/Spanish version which is the one the table wants to use but I don't understand the spiderman situation.

In the case of POTC I have tried to make use of the English/French rom, however I cannot get it to initialize through vpinmame rom test.  I've tried renaming it to every version of the English/French rom and when I hit "test" I get the same failed to initialize, machine terminated error.  I figured if I could get an alternate rom to work via vpinmame test than I could just adjust the table script to use that rom set instead but no luck yet.

[edit/update]:  Okay for POTC I managed to get an English/Italian rom working! Some progress! :)

[2] Okay yeah, the spider man rom currently on the stern site is not "260" as the VP table asks for but is now "261"

I'm still getting issues where rom versions will stop working until I run them through vpinmame test again and then they start working again......this is kinda whacky.

I just get spiderman working, I boot up avengers and get rom missing error, then tron and won't work either, I test the roms again they start working, I run x-men, missing rom error, I test rom get it working...can't seem to get all working at one time and once one falls it brings others with it.  I eventually get them all working by testing rom through vpinmame, opening table (not through recent tables menu) from table folder, verify that it works, then close vp and repeat process.

Another issue I've just come across is I've found that X-men the ball gets stuck in the upper right ramp.

• Content Provider

name it sman_261 and change gamename (in the script) to sman_261 and you will be fine, always make sure (by checking inside the zip) of which rom you have, then check vpinmame test for correct filename. I personally have potc_600as with no issues ...

so what have you solved? what do you still need help with?

• 4 months later...

Archived