Nba (Stern) In Vp Soon?

It's one of those "agree to disagree". Yeah, there are some tables that are rated "R" for "really bad" graphically, but man, a converted vector on my cab is better than no converted vector at all.

It's not for everyone of course, but it's certainly better than nothing for me and if anything, having the table released may inspire a few people to at least do a graphic update and/or join in on the fun.

Freneticamnesiac I agree but honestly I consider them place holders for future. I doubt any of them will ever be improved so I'm happy with them as is! Seems most people want 10 versions of the top 10 pinballs and that's not why I built a machine....I built a machine to have more tables then I have room for :)

• Content Provider

I kinda get it. I'm a bit of a hoarder so I have a ton of tables, but I don't go out of my way to download a table that I feel is subpar. I can't get into playing it if it all looks fuzzy and hacked together. If it's one I really want, sure, I'll get it. I think my point isn't that they shouldn't be made, it's that they shouldn't be released. If people want a converted VP8 desktop table then I would like them to know what they're getting into. I think that the rotation process is something people could stand to learn a bit about. Rather than having them provided, give people an opportunity to rotate it themselves. It's a good start to actually authoring a table and the more authors we have the better. That's how I started, I wanted to play a table and the VP8 rotated version just didn't cut it for me. It got me into table building and I'm better off because of it (don't ask my fiance though). 

I just hate seeing the way some of these tables get treated, I don't think badly of the people who converted them, they did what they wanted and shared it, which I guess is what we should be doing, but it's just a little sad seeing tables that could really use some attention getting regurgitated and ignored. 

tldr; we need more authors not converters

• Content Provider

I consider them place holders for future.

That's my position too. I'd rather have a rotated vp8, than no table of that title at all. One thing I was trying to impress on the guy doing it was to not just do a rotation. Replace the blocky rubbers, clean up the image- take the top 10 layers of crap off -then release it. You don't have to rebuild the table completely, just make it look better than it does now.

Hopefully after that someone will be reminded of that table and take it on fully because they saw the rotated vp8 instead of it dying away.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived